Which front stock looks better in this picture

I've got a wood MonteCarlos stock due in tomorrow and I can't decide what front end length looks better on my Ishapore 7.62 Enfield project, thought I'd look to the masses for opinions. There's only a little over 2" difference, but I'm having a hard time deciding (front on pictures have been Photoshopped) If I go with the shorter of the two, I can go with a slightly modded upper from a #4. If I go with the longer set, I make the upper handguard (not a problem).

What do you think befor I bleach out and finish????

post-1866-1142480950_thumb.jpg

post-1866-1142480977_thumb.jpg

I've got a wood MonteCarlos stock due in tomorrow and I can't decide what front end length looks better on my Ishapore 7.62 Enfield project, thought I'd look to the masses for opinions. There's only a little over 2" difference, but I'm having a hard time deciding (front on pictures have been Photoshopped) If I go with the shorter of the two, I can go with a slightly modded upper from a #4. If I go with the longer set, I make the upper handguard (not a problem).

What do you think befor I bleach out and finish????

Either one looks good to me. Basically, you would be building an Enfield Enforcer for an Ishapore:

enforcer.jpg

I've always liked these and I have a pseudo-#4 MK1T sniper I built off of a 1942 #4 Enfield.

RonSwin

I'd decide based on balance point rather than looks. You're the only one who could say anything regarding that though. Just for looks though, I'd say use the longer one. I've always liked having some more weight toward the front of a rifle anyway. Shotguns on the other hand....

Looks like long stock it is. Dimensionally, the shorter is the closest to the stock on the Enforcer (Ron hit it on the head as to my intension with the #1 rather than #4). The thing that throws everything off was that the barrel diameter was perfect for threading 14mm, so I trued it up on the lathe and threaded it and installed the AK74 style brake adding a few more inches. Yeah, I bubba'd the shit out of it, but it was made in 1967 in 7.62x51 and only cost me $120, so it was kinda asking for it. Now it's been blasted to the whiite, given a fresh coat of 60/40 satin/gloss black MolyResin, the bolt bead blasted and polished, and getting ready to start tweeking the trigger. Stock showed today, so I can start trying to get the wood finish to match this weekend. The Enfields are very simple in construction and make for great project guns, hopefully this one will be a little easier on my arm than my old #5 Jungle Carbine (brute).

Thanks for you input gang, I was flip flopping in a bad way, but I think the longer stock is the way to go..........maybe

Looks like long stock it is. Dimensionally, the shorter is the closest to the stock on the Enforcer (Ron hit it on the head as to my intension with the #1 rather than #4). The thing that throws everything off was that the barrel diameter was perfect for threading 14mm, so I trued it up on the lathe and threaded it and installed the AK74 style brake adding a few more inches. Yeah, I bubba'd the shit out of it, but it was made in 1967 in 7.62x51 and only cost me $120, so it was kinda asking for it. Now it's been blasted to the whiite, given a fresh coat of 60/40 satin/gloss black MolyResin, the bolt bead blasted and polished, and getting ready to start tweeking the trigger. Stock showed today, so I can start trying to get the wood finish to match this weekend. The Enfields are very simple in construction and make for great project guns, hopefully this one will be a little easier on my arm than my old #5 Jungle Carbine (brute).

Thanks for you input gang, I was flip flopping in a bad way, but I think the longer stock is the way to go..........maybe

I kinda doubt there was much of any intrinsic collector's value with the Ishapores and I think the pseudo-Enforcer mod will be kinda cool. The Enforcers and the other Brit sniper models were accurate workhorses.

319.jpg

Let us know how thw project goes.

RonSwin