Went to the range today to sight in my .308 with the RSA "Mojo" peep sight. That went well considering the howling wind. Then I tried to sight it in with the EAA Saiga mount and a 3-9X scope. Even with the elevation adjustments at full up, the gun shoots 6-7" low at 50 yds. Now after comparing the iron with the scope, I know it isn't me.

Anyone know how I can adjust this rig to bring the point of aim down so that the elevation adjustments on the scope are somewhat in the middle of its range? Thanks, Don.

The AK side mount rail is not generally parrallel to the bore. Im not familiar with that mount. Does it have screws on the clamp for the rail? What you are supposed to do is center the scope optically and then use a laser bore sighter. You use the scope mount adjustments to set the windage and elevation, then use the scopes adjustments to fine tune. Robinson Armament has a scope mount and the instructions are on the website. Should be similar to yours.

Edited by ironhead7544

Ironhead. Well, looked carefully yesterday and there are no adjustments in the EAA mount. The only option would appear to be for a machinist to "bevel" the lower surface which is, strangely secured with three fasteners of three different types. Oh, well, a "work in progress." Don

I'd vote for the shims. Ignore anything you hear regarding adjustability on the EAA mount. The mount sold by RobArm is "unfinished". That's the reason it can be adjusted. After it's been adjusted, it's supposed to be pinned in place. The EAA mounts, all that I've seen anyway, are already alinged and pinned.

That being said: shimming the rear scope ring should work for an elevation problem. If you had a windage problem on the other hand...

I'd vote for the shims. Ignore anything you hear regarding adjustability on the EAA mount. The mount sold by RobArm is "unfinished". That's the reason it can be adjusted. After it's been adjusted, it's supposed to be pinned in place. The EAA mounts, all that I've seen anyway, are already alinged and pinned.

That being said: shimming the rear scope ring should work for an elevation problem. If you had a windage problem on the other hand...

This is what is on mine , no shims needed

http://www.clearviewinvest.com/default.asp

Part#: 003-105 Category: AK

AK-47 Siderail Mount with Integral 1 inch Rings

Description: Made of black anodized aluminum. Fits all AK-47s with siderail bracket (NOT included but is available #541 $19.99). Allows use of open sites.

Buy 3 or more for $32.99 each

Discount Price: $34.99

Quantity:

dont remember who it was, but ive read somewhere on the forum of a similar problem. Shims were cut from aluminum soda cans to adjust the scope angle. Im sure someone else can chime in with more details on the subject

That woulda been ME doing that... and it worked pretty well... adjust the rear of the scope opposite what you want it to do... shims under the rear, will lower the point of impact. shims left will move it to the left... etc..etc...

:smoke: