where can i get a saiga .223 ????

I have been looking at saiga's for a little wile now i wanted a 20 ga but i think i want to get a .223. Where can i get one, and who has the best price ? A site i was looking at lists them for like $229 but they don't have any. I'm not happy with this i can't beleve they won't import them anymore.

p.s. I live in upstate ny close to Elmira i am very willing to drive to get one so i will travel anywhere around 400, 500 miles. If i have to i will get one off of the internet but that will cost a lot b/c all the places around here are charging $25 for sending their FFl info thanks again. Jim G

Edited by studmuff1228
I have been looking at saiga's for a little wile now i wanted a 20 ga but i think i want to get a .223. Where can i get one, and who has the best price ? A site i was looking at lists them for like $229 but they don't have any. I'm not happy with this i can't beleve they won't import them anymore.

p.s. I live in upstate ny close to Elmira i am very willing to drive to get one so i will travel anywhere around 400, 500 miles. If i have to i will get one off of the internet but that will cost a lot b/c all the places around here are charging $25 for sending their FFl info thanks again. Jim G

They are being imported again (new importer is Russian American Armory Corp.), i'm told gilbertsguns.com has Saiga in stock, but not been there to confirm lately.

nope they don't have the saiga .223 only the 308 and 7.62. i got a list of 5 dealers in my area i think i will call around and see what kind of prices they can ofer me. I really don't want to pay over 300 but i have a feeling i might have to save my pennies and deal with it

Hopefully you don't have to work that hard at it, I found one a couple weeks ago, just was running thru a gun show, saw a new .308 and asked if he had any others, he said he was out of 7.62 but had a 223, so I got it, wasn't looking for that exactly but it fit the bill for sure.

Dunham's usually has some of the best prices on Saiga's (when they had some in stock). I paid $269 each for mine (with BHO). You may find a used one in your price range but absent FMBG or one of the other Distributors having them in stock, I would be surprised if you can find a new .223 for $250. Even at $280 to $290 where else can you find a reliable semi-auto .223 in this price range? Especially that can be easily converted to pistol grip config. Have you checked out GunBroker?

Wolverine

Yea i looked on bunbroker and auctionarms, i guess i will have to pay more than i thought i would but it is worth it. It is eather this or build an ak-47 and i like the .223 more that the 7.62 so i will just look around for the best price and cough it up. im only in college with a part time job that is y im making a big deal out of the price. Eventhough most of my budget does go towards guns, it is still limited.

Edited by studmuff1228

The 223 came in the country in a very limited supply in the first shipment from russia. The 4th shippment that comes in will have 223s in it. It will be here probably in late May. The 20 ga shotguns will not be here until about mid summer. Hope this helps you. Retail on the 223 is in the 240 to 280 range depending on barrel length.

• 3 weeks later...

ther is a guy i think goes for gunsforfun somewhere on this site, who sells them with two mags for 250, i think . I got a 762.39 frm him for that, still may have his email.

• 4 weeks later...

thegunsource.com has them listed for about $236, but are out right now.

you can however order one now and it will ship out as soon as they get another shipment.

it's a good way to "lock in" at that price, since they could go up in price at anytime.

if they have to pay more for the next shipment, then they will probably raise the price. but, if you pre paid, then you will get yours at the old price. while any body thats just paying for theirs will have to pay the going rate, whatever that maybe.

i would suggest pre ordering, that way you are guaranteed one when the boat hits the docks! especially at the current price!

I had a local pawn shop order me a .223 back when the first shipment came in. His distributer (RSR) was allready sold out. He said that he put me one on order and it would be shipped as soon as they got some more in. I really wanted a 22" model, but they only carry the 16".

---------------------------

There is a new importer back east I think the state is stamped on the gun, but I live in Wyoming so I was way more interested in the new store in Draper Utah at http://www.fbmginc.com/ Their phone, fax, and email address is on the website.

I just bought a saiga IZ 139 (model 308-1) for $347.00 yesterday (6may 2006)

They have every saiga variant that you can think of, plus quite a few that I didn't even know about (there are about 10 variants of the .308 version alone.

That doesn't even count the .223 variants the 12ga. variants that x39 variants etc.

I would have loved to get one for less than $200.00 but I was happy that my new .308 saiga cost me $100 less than the AK-47 Mak 90 I bought 5 years ago. (I'm always a day late and a dollar short.)

GW