New S12 mag well and mag design

Ok so I haven't been on S12.com much lately. Maybe I missed something, but what's up with this?

Saiga12exp_mag.jpg

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=47112182

I saw PJ's gun but that looked like custom work. Is the factory putting out a revised design now eliminating the standard rock in place AK style mags and opting for a more M16 style?

Edited by dyi

I beleive that started out a couple years ago as a custom ordered request for a competition gun, and now they apparantly are making them for resale like that, and also for a couple of thier gun types, like the 12k or swat model.

Yeah I knew the Russian Swat came like this but it looks like they are selling conversion pieces over seas now. Are people not bothering with the conversion due to an already short supply of mags? I really don't enjoy the hold the bolt open while you reload move. The 8 round mags are even harder to load with the bolt closed than the 5's.

Who knows,maybe the original mags could be modified to fit.And when the metal 10 rnders come out,they should be even easier to mod.

Hey,it's an excuse to buy another S12,if nothing else!.

Are the metal ones (or any for that matter) ever coming? There have been remarks that saigasolutions may have been sold. I have no confirmation and emailed Ian to no avail.

Seems like one would have to swap all mags for the push in style as the duck bill notch on the front is gone I'm sure.

As I have said previously, I think that the old mags can be adapted to work with the magwell. I may be wrong, but I don't think I am.

But to disprove it, someone will have to import a magwell.

Who knows,maybe the original mags could be modified to fit.And when the metal 10 rnders come out,they should be even easier to mod.

Are the metal ones (or any for that matter) ever coming? There have been remarks that saigasolutions may have been sold. I have no confirmation and emailed Ian to no avail.

KTR03-

There was a posting on the forum within the past couple couple weeks or so that reported that SaigaSolutions had been sold and that the new owner had no interest in pursuing the hi-cap metal mags any further. Have not seen much mention of it since. The synthetic mags are still on the horizon though. :smoke:

Recieved an e-mail from oleg yesterday:

"Just spoke with Izhmash..They do not make them at the moment. Thanks.

Regards,

Oleg Savochkin"

Looks like the only source right now is the russian who sells them on Gunbroker.

That sucks about the metal mags.Oh,well...

Hey, I was stirring the turd on that one... :lolol: (Aewooday ;) ) :lolol:

...that said...

"The infidels are shipping their high-cap S-12 and S-308 magazines as we speak!!!"

post-2093-1145647799.jpeg