I've really got too much time on my hands to be doing this to a perfectly good HK G3 30 rd mag :killer: .

What do you think? Not as pretty as the injection molded ones, but it functions.

Sorry, I'm in the wrong forum tab and don't know how to switch it. This is too ugly to be for sale or trade :unsure: .

Edited by nyclu3

Topic moved to the proper place...

It *IS UGLY*.... but I agree... as long as it works... and if you bothered to paint it, it wouldnt be ANYWHERE near as ugly... and would be pretty sweet looking!!!! :up: :up:

A little satin black ought to hook it right up!!!! try some barbecue grill paint... check the tech section for links to the proper paints to match factory saigas... and I think you may be on to something... :up:

SO...

*HOW DID YOU MAKE IT?!?!?!?* Thats what the S-20 crowd is going to want to know... DETAILS, man... DETAILS!!!!

:smoke:

Actually guys, I'm not quite done yet, haveto put the mag stop ribs on the sides to keep it from going in too far and yes i still have to paint it when all the welding is done. I just picked up some ceiling black iron and light fixture bars that have more substance so i don't blow any more holes in the mag. I canibalized a 5 rd 76mm mag for the shell guide plate, spring and floor plate and the body is a modified 30 rd HK/M1a 30 rd mag. I welded the front lip in and the rear mag catch using the steel i had to cut away. not too great with the mig welder but the welds r holing.

I'll talk more tomorrow, got to sleep, just got back from work.

Hey, what did you do, invent a time machine? I shipped your upper & lower retainers today and you should get 'em Wednesday. I see you already got 'em mounted! :eek: Damn, buy me a winning lotto ticket! :lolol:

Seriously though, does it load up & cycle 'em good? I've played with a few different angles on the mags & I found the slight curve was needed with more than 3 rounds. Not too curved though. Never tried a straight one. Neat-O idea!

:smoke:

• 6 months later...
Actually guys, I'm not quite done yet, haveto put the mag stop ribs on the sides to keep it from going in too far and yes i still have to paint it when all the welding is done. I just picked up some ceiling black iron and light fixture bars that have more substance so i don't blow any more holes in the mag. I canibalized a 5 rd 76mm mag for the shell guide plate, spring and floor plate and the body is a modified 30 rd HK/M1a 30 rd mag. I welded the front lip in and the rear mag catch using the steel i had to cut away. not too great with the mig welder but the welds r holing.

I'll talk more tomorrow, got to sleep, just got back from work.

I see you're in N.Y. also. If you can get those to work, I'm a welder and can do the work once you know it's a hit. I work in a fab shop so I've got access to all the right stuff.

Edited by rebelyell