IF The 10 Round Mags Never Get Built

Cobra,

I made an expirimental mag extension did you have to modify the bottom of the mag? The way I see it is that you have to modify the bottom of the mag or make a new follower. Mine will require the modification of the magazine bottom some what.

No this one does not require modifying the mag. It uses a different follower. It's the same one I let you use at the 3 gun match. I have since worked out the issue with the spring.

I believe that there are enough people interested in the mag extensions to allow the builder to make a decent profit on them.

So, uh... Go out and do it? If you're so sure the market exists, find a machinist buddy and get a move on. You'd have half of this forum worshipping the ground you walked on (asking for free samples) and the other half sitting on a waiting list asking every 10 seconds "Are they done yet?"

A lot of folks need to realize the difference between "Gee, that would be cool. I'd pay $20 for one of those" and "I've got $30K in startup costs that say I'll sell X thousands of units the first month."

/exit soapbox, stage right

Having said that... Make it for the 20ga and I'm in :angel:

I believe that there are enough people interested in the mag extensions to allow the builder to make a decent profit on them.

So, uh... Go out and do it? If you're so sure the market exists, find a machinist buddy and get a move on. You'd have half of this forum worshipping the ground you walked on (asking for free samples) and the other half sitting on a waiting list asking every 10 seconds "Are they done yet?"

A lot of folks need to realize the difference between "Gee, that would be cool. I'd pay $20 for one of those" and "I've got $30K in startup costs that say I'll sell X thousands of units the first month."

/exit soapbox, stage right

Having said that... Make it for the 20ga and I'm in :angel:

The market definitely exist, the problem is getting the guy that has made them in the past to run at least a few hundred off.

I would be interested in at least four for the s-20 5 rd mags. I also like Cobra's idea of the 5 rd extention with the longer spring. Anyway, I need an s12 coz i cant find too many parts for the s-20. My frankenmag was ok for the first three or four rounds then the rims got hung up coz of the angle in the straight mag :cryss: . but I can't think of any .308 curved mags to experiment with. There will be a gun show in middletown, ny next weekend so i'm gonna try to find something that might work. The angle of the ar15/m16 mags seem good but the size of the mag is too narrow to try out without splitting it in half and weldeing it back together. I'll think of something. If only I still worked in the shipyard, I could have gotten this done.