New Saiga Stock From Tromix - (Pic)

I just received 5ea pre-production stocks made exclusively for Tromix by Lage Manufacturing. Together, we redesigned their original Max-11 stock to fit and function much better on the Saiga 12. There is quite a bit more drop in the heel which makes it extremely comfortable, more so then the ACE unit. It also incoporates an upswept buttpad to keep the stock solidly against your shoulder during rapid fire. LOP comes in right at 13.25". Made from high density polymer, the stock is extremely rigid and feels like an aluminum stock. It also weighs the same as the ACE unit at .85 lbs.

Tromix will be the exclusive distributer for this Saiga stock, although Lage will sell a similar version which has modified attachment geometry for the Max-11.

post-3-1147118919_thumb.jpg

post-3-1147118931_thumb.jpg

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

www.tromix.com

$85 plus $8 freight.

The screw length for mounting is different then the ACE, so I have to get some other machine screws for them. I will have it tomorrow afternoon and can ship on Wednesday.

It uses the same hole pattern as the ACE unit, ie two 10-32 allen head cap screws spaced .625" apart.

If you have a Tromix conversion with the welded in back plate on the back of the receiver, you can swap back and forth from the ACE unit to the Tromix/Lage stock.

ACE makes three different length stocks, 7.5", 8.5", and 9.5". This stock is the same length as the ACE 8.5" stock with their 1/2" buttpad installed.

Ok here's a question fer ya. If i remember right didn't ACE or somebody make an adapter block so the ACE stocks can be put on a normal AK??? If so, would this stock fit that block??? Cause I really like that stock but I don't want to modify my gun just to fit that stock.

BTW Tony,

That doesn't happen to be my Saiga in the pic showing off the new stock is it. It has all the same mods I asked for on it (FH and everything), except the stock obviously.

BTW for a hint I live in Indianapolis and you called me yesterday for payment.

I am really excited about seeing my baby again.

Now I am waiting for Halo Mfg to finish those quad rails. :)

Edited by epsylum

Epsylum,

Yes, that is your gun. I swapped out the stock, green grip, and camo top cover before I took the pic. Swapped it back and shipped it.

Rouge-One,

Yes the back of the receiver "should" be cut to a different angle before installing, otherwise the stock looks like it tilts slightly upward at the rear. The mounting flange for the stock is fairly thick though, so I imagine you could machine/grind/sand it at an angle and leave the receiver as is. You would still need some sort of adapter block to mount it to the receiver if you don't have the Tromix welded-in plate.

Epsylum,

Yes, that is your gun. I swapped out the stock, green grip, and camo top cover before I took the pic. Swapped it back and shipped it.

Umm, mine was and was supposed to remain all black.

Now I am scared. :unsure:

But, what you have done in the pic looks awesome.

Hopefully you have me or my gun confused with someone else's.

Umm, mine was and was supposed to remain all black.

Now I am scared. :unsure:

But, what you have done in the pic looks awesome.

Hopefully you have me or my gun confused with someone else's.

Tony did say, "before I took the pic. Swapped it back and shipped it."

OK, nope, that's not your gun. That one went to Iowa and the customer supplied the Green furniture.

Yours shipped May 1st to Indy.

whew! ;)

Well cool beans, I cannot wait to see it. I will be waiting patiently (well sort of) by my front door.

Thanks a lot Tony.