Best place online to get 8x42 POSP (Or equivalent) scope for 308 Saiga

Simple enough question. I own a 6x42 POSP that is on my converted 7.62x39 Saiga and I like it alot. Good eye relief and bright optics. I wish to buy a 8x42 POSP for my 308 Saiga. I will not be converting this rifle. (In case that is important.) Where would be the place with the best price? The best I have found so far is an "ANVS" 8x42 scope at shotplus.com. Would this be a good scope for my rifle? Where did everyone else get their scopes? Thanks in advance.

Simple enough question. I own a 6x42 POSP that is on my converted 7.62x39 Saiga and I like it alot. Good eye relief and bright optics. I wish to buy a 8x42 POSP for my 308 Saiga. I will not be converting this rifle. (In case that is important.) Where would be the place with the best price? The best I have found so far is an "ANVS" 8x42 scope at shotplus.com. Would this be a good scope for my rifle? Where did everyone else get their scopes? Thanks in advance.

Check EastWave. http://www.eastwave.ca/products/scopes/posp8x42vd.html

Prices very reasonable compared to other websites. It fits AK's, Saiga, Vepr.

Edited by tritium

Thats the same one I got for my PSL... ( with the correct mount for the PSL, of course...)

Within 2 weeks should be the delivery time. I would expect 10 business days, and it will arrive. ( Give or take a couple)

I have ordered things from Eastwave MANY times, I will vouch for their products and services personally!

The best part is the twine encircled paper wrapped parcel you get with loads of cryllic markings, straight from the motherland in Russia!

Just make sure you put the batteries in the right way... LOL I didnt at first... hahahah I was like... WTF?!?!?! :bag::lol: But I figured it out shortly thereafter!

Its a great lil optic, and it seems to be very suited for my PSL... I think you will be VERY pleased with that particular one. :up:

:smoke:

i just ordered this one from eastwave.

we'll see how long shipping takes and what the quality is like.

all i know is that eastwave is LOTS cheaper than other places i've seen.

I have that exact one. Comes with other items as described (battery, case, rubber eyepiece, instructions.) Shipped direct from Minsk in Belarus, well-packaged. Think shipping took about 10 days once payment confirmed and order processed. Quality is good. I don't think you will be disappointed with it. :up:

Wow, thanks for the replies. :super: Looks like I have found the place to buy the scope. I have another question involving this scope. I don't really like the lens cap that comes with it. Is there a flip-up type that will fit and work? What about the objective lens, is there one that will fit that one too?

Edited by Crosshair
Wow, thanks for the replies. :super: Looks like I have found the place to buy the scope. I have another question involving this scope. I don't really like the lens cap that comes with it. Is there a flip-up type that will fit and work? What about the objective lens, is there one that will fit that one too?

Take the scope to your local shop and try out the flip-up lens covers that Butler Creek makes. With the many sizes available, chances are you will find ones that fit.

+1 to that... I went to the local Gander Mountain, they have a whole rack of flip up caps from "tiny" all the way up to "holy fuck! now THATS a scope" size....

I got a pair that fit my barska for 15 bucks!

I would still recommend a purchase from eastwave... they really come through! But wherever you get the best deal, I guess...

:smoke:

Take the scope to your local shop and try out the flip-up lens covers that Butler Creek makes. With the many sizes available, chances are you will find ones that fit.

*Slaps Self* Of course, what was I thinking. The local Cabelas (There is one 2 miles from my house.) has a whole display of those covers. I walk past it every time I am there. Talk about a major brain fart. :bag:

*Slaps Self* Of course, what was I thinking. The local Cabelas (There is one 2 miles from my house.) has a whole display of those covers. I walk past it every time I am there. Talk about a major brain fart. :bag:

Hey-but, like a fart through a bag of nails, it eventually clears. :lolol:

chapperjoe , are you talking about the marks on the windage and elevation turrets. because they can be reset to zero when you sight in, using the screws on top of the turrets.

YEs that's fine for zeroing at one distance, but the BDC marks on the top turret are for 76254r not 308....

What I'm asking is how different are the ballistics or do folks just mark their own BDC onto the knob?

hey Indy what do you think about that barska? and wich one do you have? I've had 2 of the ncstar 3-9x42 (they swaped out the first) and they have broken from the recoil of my 308, (I dident think a 308 kicked that much) :killer: ) and the barska was one of the ones i was looking at getting. any opinions would be helpfull

Thanks Indy and to all others for the vast ammount of info on this board

manta

chapperjoe , are you talking about the marks on the windage and elevation turrets. because they can be reset to zero when you sight in, using the screws on top of the turrets.

YEs that's fine for zeroing at one distance, but the BDC marks on the top turret are for 76254r not 308....

What I'm asking is how different are the ballistics or do folks just mark their own BDC onto the knob?

the ballistics are remarkably similar, i cant find the chart, but the little bit more powder in the 54r is offset by bullet that is like 5 grains heavier than the 51, end result is nearly idential bullet drop.

the ballistics are remarkably similar, i cant find the chart, but the little bit more powder in the 54r is offset by bullet that is like 5 grains heavier than the 51, end result is nearly idential bullet drop.

well, that post is one of those that caused me to buy something. happy noW?!?!?!?

I am now getting this scope for my 308 conversion. I Was gonn aspend a lot more for a scope and rings for my KVAR mount, but I'm liking this 8x more and more. The only thing that was holdi9ng me back was hte non-functional bdc. and you just killed that obstacle.

anyone dealt with eastwave before. I've dealt fine with freedom optics, but the price is lower at east wave.....

sorry, don't mean to be a bad influence. :devil:

oh, and i thought you were getting out of ak's. :rolleyes:

one survived the massacre. no one bought it. I view it as divin providence. I have 7 mags for her (I had 6 sold 3 then FOUND four more in my closet! lord knows what I paid for them half a year ago!) and sent her off for std tromix conversion plus a bipod and RSA trigger. and now I've foud my scope.

HEck if I sell teh KVAR mount I was ognna use, I'll only end up spending 60$ on optics!

So where should I get it from?

• 2 weeks later...

to those who have gotten things from eastwave....

what courier do they use to ship?

my scope should be here any day, and im wondering if i should be hunting down the UPS guy or the mailman or what?

sorry, just getting a little antsy.

• 3 weeks later...

CDNNsports.com has them for 119. great to deal with, almost always the lowest prices.

Not a spam, just a newbie:) Hey folks :D

Edit: CDNN's is for the 6x24, Eastwave seems to be a better deal

Edited by AK-308