Just had to do it...

I really should find a different hobby :ded:

I now have so many spare parts I just keep changing things around :unsure:

Thanks for the input Cobra, RedStar, and yes dinzag, it was a biotch x 100! Kept blowing holes thru the thin part of the RSB where it meets the barrel. The FSB was also something else to get aligned and straight while trying to tack weld it (this is where a good C-clamp worked best) . Also my MIG welding skills are still developing. Good thing I know how to use the 12k rpm grinder and 11k rpm burring machine.

Edited by nyclu3

Thanks for the comments guys. :blues:

I'm starting to do the RSB conversion for my brother's s-12 pictured here and I'd like any input about which black plastic sets ,if any, will readily fit the bigger barrel of the 12. I tried to fit the one from my s-20 but it looked like I'd have to grind out more of the plastic than would be structurally sound and also have to remove the heat shield. The black stock on the s-12 is the wood on the bottom pics painted with receiver paint. I really should have stopped and used black stain but he wanted to see it with black furniture on it by webcam.

Edited by nyclu3

I have seen one done like that with the K Var black plastic HGs. He had to open it up to where the cooling fins actually went all the way thru and became vents but he said it was still sturdy.

I'll try and find the pic I saved of it.

I have seen one done like that with the K Var black plastic HGs. He had to open it up to where the cooling fins actually went all the way thru and became vents but he said it was still sturdy.

I'll try and find the pic I saved of it.

Thanks Cobra, I really hate to order these HGs and butcher them up only to find out that they don't fit. :blues: