Scope/mount combo for 308 Saiga

I NEED ALL OF YOUR IMPUT ON A SCOPE/MOUNT COMBO FOR MY FACTORY 308 SAIGA WITH THE SPORTER,16" barrel.(BLACK PLASTIC STOCK). I need a scope/ mount combo or a scope mount with the weaver rail attached. I know that some of the posp scopes will not work because of the eye relief and the use of the sporter stock. I need to know if I use the weaver mount will a regular scope work to give me the correct eye relief? I have looked at the eastwave products along with Tantal. I will use it for deer out to possibly 200 yards. Thanks.(also include the height of the rings as well as the scope size and brand)

I NEED ALL OF YOUR IMPUT ON A SCOPE/MOUNT COMBO FOR MY FACTORY 308 SAIGA WITH THE SPORTER,16" barrel.(BLACK PLASTIC STOCK). I need a scope/ mount combo or a scope mount with the weaver rail attached. I know that some of the posp scopes will not work because of the eye relief and the use of the sporter stock. I need to know if I use the weaver mount will a regular scope work to give me the correct eye relief? I have looked at the eastwave products along with Tantal. I will use it for deer out to possibly 200 yards. Thanks.(also include the height of the rings as well as the scope size and brand)

I'm looking into the same issue. What I've found is that the 1" ring mount and a Muzzleloading Scope might be the solution. The muzzleloading scope has a longer the normal relief but not too long I think. It's also supposedly highly resistant to impact from recoil and such. 3x-9x scopes are supposedly good for hunting out to the range of the .308 rifle and one of this size should be good in most daylight situations. This is all from research so I actually haven't physically tried it all out. It seems like it would work on paper but I'm still in the research mode and any more input would be appreciated.

Grim

• 2 months later...
Weaver top rail side AK mount will allow you to mount most scopes and leave you with the correct eye relief.

Freedom optics is either out of business or their website is down. I have not been able to get ahold of them for awhile. I have a nikon on mine with the side mounted weaver rail.

steve

Hello

I realize this mount ain't cheap. but it's stout as a rock, low as it can be, and perfectly centered over the receiver. I like it a lot. I also have a K-var US made mount that I scored off eBay, haven't mounted it yet to size it up, but they have big fans on this list as well.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=12635

Respectfully posted,

Guido2 in Houston