Help!...can't get the BHO spring back in

HI everyone,

I''ve just put in a modified Tapco FCG (Thanks to BRG3 for putting that together for me!) Got it all put in, but in the process taking the original FCG out, the spring for the BHO popped out. I cannot get the damn thing back in now.

Anyone have experience getting that thing back in there?

And yes i really would prefer to keep the BHO functional.....can i shot iwthout it, sure...but i'd like to get it working again if i can.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

thanks

Start by getting the FCG in and the pin started and up to the BHO lever.

Double check that the hammer is in properly. (Trust me - I've done it several times :cryss: )

Take a garbage bag twist tie, and strip the plastic/paper off it and bend it in half.

Put it through the loop on the spring (with the short leg to the rear) and fish it down through the BHO slot in the receiver. Put it on the outboard (right hand) side.

Then use a pair of pliers to pull it down and hold it. You may want to use a small screw driver to push from the top & help guide it.

Shove the trigger pin through the rest of the way.

Done!

I've done it so many times now that I can do it blindfolded. Only takes a second now where I spent 30 minutes one time!

Good Luck! :up:

Forget the wife girlfriend part, a piece of wire is MUCH more dependable!

Thanks guys, i'll try the wire thing to pull it down....had been pushing it down in there with a mini screwdriver. Spent about 90 min trying to get that thing in there....my finger hurt afterward, so i'll be happy to get that in there if this works.

Cobra, your scope has shipped as of this AM. Should be there there in a few days.

RangerM9

Damn Dinzag,

wish i had asked earlier.....that was easy as heck once it was explained.

i spent 90+ mins trying to get that thing down in there with a little screwdriver the first night.....

little twist tie thing worked perfect.....nailed it on the first shot.

So...i'm half way there,....i have the internals i need in the forma of a modified Tapco FCG (modified to keep stock configuration...i like my .223 that way.) and i wood on the way from BRG3....

so close to hi-cap legality with sporter look....

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the information, I had the same problem with replacing my BHO wire when I finally started converting my Saiga. I forgot where it went back. I replaced the FCG and removed the cover plate to find the trigger hole and pistol grip holes already punched out. I bought a Century US compliance kit with the FCG, gas piston and pistol grip then I got a grip screw and nut. I didn't realize that converting the Saiga would be so easy but after building a Yugo AK, I got the confidence to redo my Saiga.

. . . the spring for the BHO popped out. I cannot get the damn thing back in now.

I tried the stripped twist tie trick on my .308 but wasn't satisfied with how it worked.

I have had excellent success using a wooden popsicle stick with the business end rounded (concave) to match the contour of the round portion of the spring. All I do is set the spring behind the BHO with the short leg of the spring laying across the tab of the BHO. Then I place the popsicle stick, business end down, against the top of the round portion of the spring and push down until I'm able to push the trigger pin through.

Presto. Done.

Maybe I could get rich selling modified popsicle sticks to Saiga owners :)