Not just "lucky Jarheads" but.. Jarhead GENERALS... or TOP LEVEL military brass... you dont honestly believe that such fine things would be allowed to be kept as war trophies by the average GI-Joe...

:smoke:

Check with the guys on the full auto boards. I heard something about some one getting caught trying to smuggle those into the country. During Viet Nam they made it illegal to claim an AK as a war trophy. Thats why there are so few registered. I dont think they have changed the law on it. You could easily bring back an SKS, Mosin Nagant or any of the other pistols. I worked in a weapons shop 70 to 72 and we refinshed an AK for a General who had received it as an award from the Viet Nam government. The CIA boys heard about it and came to pick it up. It was destroyed. If those golden guns are still around they would probably be in Govt hands.

I have several pictures from iraq of different people with different gold plated guns of saddam's son's. I would have posted them, but I dont want to post pictures of us soldier's faces, name tags, or post too much of someone else's photographs. I also recall from my many searchings of laws, forget which law it was in, but the only time you can bring in guns like that is for evaluation purposes by the military and or police, like in the case of the saiga-12c. privately owning an mp5, for example, from a capture in a warzone, is prohibited for importation, and im pretty sure that american bases and ebassy's are US soil, which the law would extend to there as well.

I was told and had also heard previously that they are all destroyed once everybody gets a look at them. what a way to squander your countrymen's resources and money, huh? nahhhhh.....we shouldnt have invaded that country....those were some swell guys, those hussein characters...