Alright...so I went down to the store and was looking around. Found a .30 cal can full of .303 british, and for 25.00 for the can i figured i would give it a shot. I figured some of the rounds would be bad (ie no primer/split necks/duds/etc) but I didn't expect this.

I pulled one of the bullets (ok it almost fell outta the casing ) then decided I wanted to see more so I got the wad out and where the powder is supposed to be...well it looks like whole wheat spaghetti......the bullet looks like it has a solid core (AP?) with a softer jacket.

Anybody ever seen this before? Ideas? Sorry the Pic Fu is weak but I'm not good with this camera

post-1914-1157420555_thumb.jpg

Edited by scoutjoe

I think the bullets are tracers.(at least that is what info i'm finding on the web)..but I don't think they are going to trace too well since most of them seem to be rusting near the backside

EDIT

So Gaddis might be right on this... since this looks alot like what i was seeing

post-1914-1157422356_thumb.jpg

Edited by scoutjoe
Thats Cordite. And the bullet looks like a tracer. That stuff can cause a fire so be careful. I dont know when they quit using Cordite but thats probably early ammo. Is there a year on the case?

bullets are mixed headstamps and years, most of the brass seems to be somewhere between 1940-1950.

Fire eh? umm maybe i shouldn't of been pulling some of those bullets by hand then....or storing them in a empty shotshell box

Cobra PM sent

Edited by scoutjoe