I have been lurking around online and have noticed a trend with rifle platform development. It appears that nearly every country that designs rifles are all trending toward the bullpup configuration with lots of plastic cladding. They also appear to have attachment points virtually everywhere to add every concievable gadget and gizmo available. What are people's thoughts on this? Personally I follow the KISS principle since exotic tech is nearly impossible to fix by the average joe.

I think the fancy rifles ladened with tacticle rails and adorned with optical wonders have thier place in the firearm scene just as much as a Ferrari does on the road compared to a 1/2 ton Chevy pickup. Some of us are pick up truck guys (utilitarians) and some are yuppies! To each his own and enjoy what you can afford.

I think the fancy rifles ladened with tacticle rails and adorned with optical wonders have thier place in the firearm scene just as much as a Ferrari does on the road compared to a 1/2 ton Chevy pickup. Some of us are pick up truck guys (utilitarians) and some are yuppies! To each his own and enjoy what you can afford.

Hey pistonring8 bro I was Looking at your camo on the saiga the other day, and I dont know why

just wonder you havent post lattly.

Well I dont know, the only bullpump that some one told me that really have

worked was the french famas le clarion, the gun looks simple

nothing complicated or sofisticated about it, the advantage

of that is short gun with regular barrel.

Intellectually i agree with the go AK platform stance, cheap, effective and reliable as hell....but seriously.....who can look at the new FN .223 and not just want it for the cool factor.

Personally i sor to f fell in love with the bulpup design the first time i saw the brits Enfields.....just seems a great compact package to me....

still, i have no idea of the reliablilty of the design, but i do love the looks.....enough so that i want to get a dixie consolidated bullpup kit for my 10/22....a nice way to get a compact package without the $200 stamp.

who knows....personally prefernces....on visual appeal i dig them....but would i trust them? who knows....would have to earn that trust.

• 3 weeks later...