Ok so I'm feeling supremly stupid here...

How in the hell do I get this butt stock (wooden) off? Both screws are removed (from under the cover and the one on the tang) and the stock is starting to get kinda beat up from me in the reciever beating on it.

wack harder?

Ok will do, thanks Tony

The more I continue working on guns, the more I learn I just gotta beat the hell out of things before they cooperate. I use a medium-hard wood and brass with whatever contacts the gun so I don't demolish it, but I'll be damned if being gentle ever solved any of the problems I've ever had. Usually a 9lbs mini-sledge is my chosen solution. :killer:

But my guns are made to be shot, not to look pretty, so I'm not sure how to get things to cooperate and still look flawless. I just hope I can cover any of the blemishes with some sort of finish. :angel:

B)-->

QUOTE(G O B @ Oct 23 2006, 07:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Smaller hammers beat the crap out of things without moving them. Bigger hammer will move it without hitting it so damn many times.

I belive it was you G O B who said:

"Just use a bigger hammer. Like any other virgin, the first time it's tight!"

Old carpenter's saying, "if it doesn't fit you hammer ain't big enough". Same applies to destruction as construction...and like Tony said, a wood block from the inside is the way to go. Just be ready to "catch the baby" when it does come loose and fly out, especially if it's wood.

i too am having a hassel taking off my polymer stock off my .223.i bought two rifles and two saiga folding stocks .at the time the dealer told me "sure, you can swap stocks in a matter of minutes with no modifications!" ha! wish i had him here now thanks for the tip cause i had just about give up. :cryss:

i too am having a hassel taking off my polymer stock off my .223.i bought two rifles and two saiga folding stocks .at the time the dealer told me "sure, you can swap stocks in a matter of minutes with no modifications!" ha! wish i had him here now thanks for the tip cause i had just about give up. :cryss:

The polymer one isn't that hard to get out (at least on my x39) but the wooden one on a different AK is giving me a pain in the butt since the smaller hammer/ dowel rod is just mashing the crap out of the back of the buttstock and not really pushing it. The polymer one should "wack out" a bit easier than the wooden one.

Did you get all three screws out? :P

I'll post pics of the stock here later if need be, it was off a Romy parts kit. So two screws, both of which were removed. I just took it by by friends house, put her in the vise, got the hand sledge and popped right out.

Thanks for the help guys, just had to find a bigger hammer