Are we seeing a saturation point on 10 rd mags? I notice there are 15 for sale on Ebay and only five have a bid on them. Not long ago everything labeled Saiga Mag was snapped up in short order. Seems to be a good thing to me. :super:

Haha, yea, I don't think the market is saturated yet. I offered some extras that I have on order and they were spoken for within two hours. So people still want them.

Edited by AegisDei

We are no place near a saturation point, if APG wants to sell a bunch of mags, they should advertise in Shotgun News, there would be more orders than you can shake a stick at. The problem that most people don't know anything abut a Saiga, much less know that there are 10 round Mags out there for it.

The problem that most people don't know anything abut a Saiga, much less know that there are 10 round Mags out there for it.

No doubt. The fact that the first run sold out so quickly and that AGP sold 600 mags from the second run to previous customers even before they put the word out to the public, indicates that there's still plenty of demand.

The fact that the sleazebay mags aren't moving might be because:

1) people who know WTF is up will elect to save money by buying direct from AGP or Atlantic, have given up trying to find deals on gun stuff on Ebay altogether, or have decided not to use them b/c of their anti-gun policies.

2) people who don't know WTF is up (i.e. those who would pay $200+ for an OEM 8-rounder) have probably never heard of AGP and aren't willing to "gamble" on an unknown product despite the relatively reasonable price.

Finally, those who frequent this forum and those who shop sleazebay only make up a small percentage of the Saiga-owning population. If AGP wants to move *really* big numbers, they need to hook up with a major distributor like Horton's, RSR or Sports South.

MHO.

Edited by shooter2

I ended up grabbing 6 for myself.

If things go as they should I'll probably order another 4 or 6 four to six months down the road.

I'm thinking about having Tony build me up another one, but with a longer barrel, adjustable choke, etc. Something a bit more practical and "sporting".

The market is not saturated at all. The fact that egay and gunsheister have plenty of mags is because they were hosing folks because of limited availability. I think most folks have wised up and can see that AGP is producing mags as fast as they can and would rather wait and pay the 59 each instead of paying some of those ridiculous markups!

I took my S-12 to a recent gunshow. I was stopped every 5 feet, people wanted to know what it was. It was always the same questions. Can i see that? Where can I get one? How much? Is it hard to convert? What about hi cap mags? Word is spreading about these Saiga's, and AGP. Funny thing is the dealers Knew about the Saiga line, but never knew its full potential. Till now. Even here locally I stopped into a gunshop famous for higher end black rifle, AK, HK and class three stuff.I went in to ask about S-12 magazines. The dealer scoffed at me and said the Saiga was a so-n-so gun. I asked him if he ever seen one in person. He said he had, and was not impressed. Then I asked if it was converted. He said no , that they coulnt be used to manufacture a post 1986 machine gun. I laughed, went out to my truck to get my S-12. I brought it in and unzipped the bag. :eek: He had no clue. So word is spreading about the S-12, and I'm sure AGP will be making magazines for a very long time. :super:

I went into a gunshop to pick up some ammo, and asked to see a Saiga .223 I popped the hood and looked for the square pistol grip hole. The rocket scientist behind the counter started to give me the sales pitch And I said wait a minute, I went back to my Truck and brout in 2 double rifle case with a converted S.223 and an Sx39 but wait here is my shotguns! Yeah people just don't know the possibilities.