.308 Flash Hider

If you haven't moved the front sight back (and don't want to) there may be another option in the works. Dinzag is modifying some muzzle brakes to see if a slip on configuration will work. Dinzag is a man of many talents - a great addition to the Saiga community - if it is doable - I'm sure he can work it out. If you don't mind moving the FSB back - what Dinzag has right now (see link tritium posted) works great.

If you haven't moved the front sight back (and don't want to) there may be another option in the works. Dinzag is modifying some muzzle brakes to see if a slip on configuration will work. Dinzag is a man of many talents - a great addition to the Saiga community - if it is doable - I'm sure he can work it out. If you don't mind moving the FSB back - what Dinzag has right now (see link tritium posted) works great.

Any word on the slip on brake?

If not, then how does one go about removing the front sight? Are the pins just drifted out with a brass punch??

For my 20 in, I'd be willing to move the sight back. On my 16 in, I'd rather retain as much sight radius as possible.

I had my FSB removed and installed a standard AKM FSB with detent and threaded 14x1 LH.The barrel had to be turned down and re-crowned for this modification.It is a lot sexier now and much more accurate.

post-476-1168334529_thumb.jpg

Edited by TEXASAK73
I had my FSB removed and installed a standard AKM FSB with detent and threaded 14x1 LH.The barrel had to be turned down and re-crowned for this modification.It is a lot sexier now and much more accurate.

omg, an amd brake on a .308... that's gotta be LOUD.

looks cool

Loud but works,I shot 120 rds through mine wolf SA surplus very little felt recoil.I mean it still jumps and produces a massive fireball but my should felt like I shot nothing at all.

Took this out to the 100 yard line last Saturday,1"-2" groups open sights all in the center of the bull.If I take my time I can get .5" group with mine using the SA surplus.

I have a Smith Vortex Flash Hider installed on both my Saiga 308 and my Yugo SKS.

Muzzle brakes don't appeal to me, but I have tried the Vortex out in low light and it works. No flash hider will completely eliminate muzzle flash, but this works about 80% in taming the flash.

My Saiga was a set-screw model, I had a machinist turn the end of the bbl down when I did my conversion on the handguard, and the SKS was made by me using the grenade launcher as a sleeve for the Flash Hider so I could use the existing threads on the bbl and not alter the end of the Yugo muzzle.

Tritium where can I get one of those, what threads does it use?

They are at Rusmilitary.com, and they are meant to be pinned on, so the original FSB needs to be removed and the barrel turned down a bit.

What do you recommend for a flash hider or brake on the .308 AK conversion with 16 " bbl?

What the best way to install?

I just tig welded a AMD brake on my norinco then you can grind it smooth. If you have any low spots you can fill them with brass and sand 'em smooth with a rolock disc. or 180 grit. ( I welded it to the front sight assy. not the barrel)