notching the safety lever

Is this not something I would want to do to hold my bolt open for easier mag loading? I due understand I can buy a BHO open but just thought of it as a different route due to the fact the safety would still function my only worry would be a slam fire

I notched mine with a dremel and it worked ok (I needed a bolt hold open for the range). If it got bumped around it would slip and slam home though, which I didn't like. I ordered a BlackJack notched safety lever and it works real good. The only thing is it made a second scratch.

I have seen what you have done work competitively in matches (before you challenge the relevance, remember that it also translates to survival of bad people and scenarios). However, please look into factory or aftermarket manual BHO devices, or even the cool LRBHO that has been floating around this forum for a while now. It's space-age vs. stone age, in terms of performance. Just my $.02.

I notched mine, but not for mag changes. I did it so I can take it to uppity skeet ranges and be in "compliance". I rarely use it outside of that, and I load on a closed bolt.

How do you load on a closed bolt I feel like I am going to mangle something if I try

I notched mine, but not for mag changes. I did it so I can take it to uppity skeet ranges and be in "compliance". I rarely use it outside of that, and I load on a closed bolt.

How do you load on a closed bolt I feel like I am going to mangle something if I try

You initially push the magazine up perpendicular to the receiver to compress that first shell, and when you feel the front lug hit, rotate it in and lock back. It takes some practice, and when you hear that "beep" and the timer is on, things won't go as fast as in practice, but you'll get it eventually.

Is this not something I would want to do to hold my bolt open for easier mag loading? I due understand I can buy a BHO open but just thought of it as a different route due to the fact the safety would still function my only worry would be a slam fire

Works fine for me....I got the idea from my M92 which is biult that way.

p10100325aw.jpg

Works for me. It's pretty obvious I don't care much for how my gun looks, as long as it functions. I've got scratchs, bare metal, uncovered pin holes, bbl was cut with a saw to get the choke I wanted, etc.

I only use it where an open bolt is required (gun ranges) or advantageous (some stages allow starting with an open bolt). It will come free if jostled, especially if the gun lands on the butt.

I've bought one of the LRBHO's from Jeric, but the 10 round mags became available after that and I wanted to wait out of caution, then I got busy, and I'm pretty slow on the guncraft, so I have to make sure a match isn't immenent. So it isn't installed yet, but I'll eventually get there.