Replacement trigger group for .308

Tapco's G2 is popular due to it's price. Some additional grinding and polishing is needed to make it work.

Red Star is more expensive but worth it IMP. Simple drop in installation. It is adjustable, and I still haven't got that all figured out yet. The squeeze is soooo much better than stock and considerably better than my G2 in my S12.

Get yourself a G2 Trigger Group, a U.S. made stock, and a U.S. made pistol grip.

Remove the "sporter trigger" from your rifle. Cut the adapter plate off the bottom of your receiver.

Look at the original hammer, and cut the G2 hammer to clear the cross-brace as the original hammer is cut.

Pin the new trigger group in place.

Cut a square hole for the pistol grip nut, and install the pistol grip (some S-308 receivers are already cut for the PG nut).

Install the U.S. made butt stock.

Enjoy your legally converted Saiga.

Any legal way to just replace the trigger only?I have an EEA .308.

The .308 is the easiest Saiga to convert. Why not just go for it and have a really nice rifle?

+1

+2

(BTW - quite often, people experience geometry problems with their FCG if they mix and match components. That's not to say they can't be made to work together, it just solves a lot of potential problems by using a FCG components from the same maker. I use FSE (First Son's Enterprises) stuff and have been very happy with it.)

Drop in as in it works without relocating the trigger group?

WYK

Tapco's G2 is popular due to it's price. Some additional grinding and polishing is needed to make it work.

Red Star is more expensive but worth it IMP. Simple drop in installation. It is adjustable, and I still haven't got that all figured out yet. The squeeze is soooo much better than stock and considerably better than my G2 in my S12.

WYK

I don't believe you're gonna find a replacement trigger group that will work without relocating it.

I suppose you could get an aftermarket trigger group, cut the actual trigger from it, and weld the extension onto it. I have no desire to try that, but someone else might.

No you will still have to relocate, I meant no grinding of any kind. Simply take of the bag pop it in.

WYK