Gilbert's Guns got in VEPRs this week in both barrel lengths in 223, 7.62x39, 308.

003403.medium.jpg

All have wood stocks, five and ten round mags, and factory scope mount with rings included. The man himself from RAAC even came down. Nice guy, was very talkative and was impressed with the new Saiga accessories out now that KY Citizen and I showed him on our Saiga-12s.

Edited by KySoldier
any ideas on price?

I saw the price posted on another forum by atlantic firearms.

About $600 unconverted like in the picture (single stack low capacity mags).

About $900 once someone converts them to high cap friendly status.

:cryss::cryss::cryss:

I'll stick with my Saigas! Thanks!!!

• 2 months later...

First off, Sorry for raising the dead.

Does anyone know if RobArms still has the Vepr contract, and if Veprs will be coming back? I always wanted one, but never jumped when I had the chance. Now I'm just hoping someone (maybe RAA?) will start bringing them back at a semi-reasonable price.

robarm just seems to be pushing their XCR now...

check out Gilberts

yeah, looked at them, they only have the 20.5" .223, Impact guns doesn't even list them anymore, Atlantic has them for $900-1000. I've seen them on gunbroker, but I'd rather not use an auction site. I was hoping that someone would start bringing them in like RobArms used too. Wishful thinking perhaps... Thanks though!

Does anyone know if RobArms still has the Vepr contract, and if Veprs will be coming back? I always wanted one, but never jumped when I had the chance. Now I'm just hoping someone (maybe RAA?) will start bringing them back at a semi-reasonable price.

I wouldn't call it raising the dead, this topic is only 3 months old. As far as I know nothing hs changed and RAA is still importing VEPRs just like they were in February. I know Gilberts has a 223 in stock, not sure about the others calibers, they went pretty quick. There will only be wooden models brought in, if you want something different you'll have to change stocks. I suggest the ACE adaptor and stock. They are also bringing in "seconds" which have wooden stocks that are missing the baseplate and butt pad. They are a little cheaper accordingly.

Oh and the XCR is pretty cool, I just wish it could have come out a little sooner.

Yeah, I've seen the Robinson guys at the Knob Creek shoot a couple times. They always wanted to "pre-sale" me one but I'm not into the waiting game. Last time I did that was with Stony Creek and their Suomi upper. Paid in Jan, expected delivery in June, then promised every 2-4 weeks there after, actual delivery in December, and I was one of the "lucky ones." Not ever doing that again.

Edited by KySoldier
:eek:

howcome you're surprised? S12's are like 700 euros (950 USD).

all guns in Europe are more expensive than in the USA. (easily twice as expensive)

even for the 'homegrown' ones from FN/Browning, CZ, HK, Walther, etc etc etc...

taxes are the normal 21% as on all non-necessary goods (as opposed to 6% for stuff like bread etc).

i don't think there's a particular reason for it. might be that guns aren't quite as common here and are only sold from specialy licensed gunstores, so sellers might need higher margins to live off their trade, but i kinda doubt that.

taxes are the normal 21% as on all non-necessary goods (as opposed to 6% for stuff like bread etc).

post-1914-1179338911.gif

kinda makes me feel bitchy complaing about 6% on "non nescessary" goods (food isn't taxed at all...maybe that is why y'all are thinner over there :lolol: )

21 percent? HOLY COW. no wonder we left europe and came to america.

a friend of mine that has an mba in business finance knows the actual amount of taxes on every 100 dollars we spend. it is something OUTRAGEOUS. Ill have to ask him to explain it to me again when I see him. add 21% on top of all that? no way.

i doubt you can compare that kind of stuff. for instance, Sweden (if i recall correctly) has totally fucked up sales tax, but they also earn a lot more to begin with. you have to look at the whole picture.

like if you compare computerparts in the USA and Belgium, we pay about the same, including our 21% tax we pay on them.

then again our (quality) booze seems cheaper than yours. and in return your guns are dirt cheap compared to ours. :(

anyhow, impossible to get a complete picture.

Does anybody make stocks and grips for Veprs? It seems silly that Robinson charges a $300 premium for a -$100 conversion that would be way easier than on a Saiga.

I've only soon the Ace adaptor block. Any normal stock wouldn't fill the weird angle cut on the receiver. I bet BattlerifleG3 would make you a custom set :D

I talked to one of the sales people at RobArms. It may happen... but don't count on them getting in VEPRs or Mags. Other dealers have a few and they do not. If you noticed.. the web site is undergoing changes. I don't think there is any VEPR material on the new web site.

I got a sporter version over at Arm of America. Note they had not extra mags.

Oh BTW they had .223 and 7.62x39 and .308

Edited by Saiga_Scrod

i don't think there's a particular reason for it. might be that guns aren't quite as common here and are only sold from specialy licensed gunstores, so sellers might need higher margins to live off their trade, but i kinda doubt that.

Do you only pay a consumption tax over there or do you have an income tax as well?