Would you like to help design my shotgun??

I am going to be ordering my Saiga 12 gauge from Tromix in the not too distant future and I would like some input on some of the features that I am thinking of. So far (and this could all change based on your great input and information) I think that I would like to get a 19ish barrel--slotted handguards--folding Tromix limbsaver stock.

I don't know about sights, though the Hk sights look good. And I don't even know what a Galil charging handle is or what the benefit would be. Also what does a fire control group do?

As you can see I am just starting out with this. Any help is appreciated and I'm sure I missed some things.

Thanks. Matt

Look at some more of the Tromix pix and you'll see the Galil charging handle on some of them. It swings up as opposed to sticking straight out as in the stock S12. You have options as to what type of pistol grip you want. Last round bolt hold open? (You would need to minimally mod your mags.) Different types of handguards available-?vented, ?Galil style ?rail system of some type. Tromix muzzle brake or other muzzle device? HK sights or a front sight block? Quick mag release lever? That'll get you started. BTW the Fire control froup (FCG) is your trigger group (hammer, trigger, disconnector.)

Welcome to the forum!

Are you settled on wood or synthetic?

Synthetic. Very similar to the S 01, maybe with an optics rail. My only shotgun----at the moment----only has a front bead on it. But can you have the HK sights and an optic rail? That would probably clutter things up eh? One more thing, I've heard that 16.5 inches is the shortest shotgun barrel length for Washington state. Can anyone confirm that? I can't find the information but I think an 8 inch 12 gauge would be really fun. -OH and does anyone have opinions on the pistol grip? What style do you like and why? Thanks to all who have answered.

Matt

A gali is a ak type rifle. The reason the charging handle is swept up instead of off to the right is because with ak type weapon you usally don't have the option to push a button the close the bolt and charge the new mag like a ar. You have to take your mag out by hand usally your left, drop it and get a mag with your left again and insert. At this point, instead of reaching forward with you left to the foregrip and letting go of the pistol grip to charge the typical bolt with you right., you can keep your right on the pistol grip and use your left , already close from putting in the mag, and reach on top to charge more comfortable than trying to reach over and around with your left.

Thank you Mike. Sounds like that is the way to go.

get more opinions please... davidson

is a real douchebag... that's why he's banned

listen to the veterans in here.. like bvamp and juggernaut

keep in mind it is you're weapon... look at the pictures thread... lot of mighty fine machines in there

have some fun though

That was real rude when all I saw was a informative and TECHNICAL response from Mike. Just because you don't like something doesn't automatically make them a dumbass. I learned something.

• 2 weeks later...

That was real rude when all I saw was a informative and TECHNICAL response from Mike. Just because you don't like something doesn't automatically make them a dumbass. I learned something.

Thanks for the defense, rocinante. This mccumber guy was just trying to ride the bandwagon. He has been pretty quite lately! :smoke: This was coming from a guy that had been here a whole 3 days, said to ask a vetern here and one of that he mentioned hasn't been here for half the time. Not taken anything away from the vetern, but true. I didn't here someone answer his question better.

One difficulty you might encounter with the Galil style charging handle is that your hand will get hung up on the rear sight or rail mounted optics if you are trying to reach over the receiver. Now as far as the barrel length goes, what I have been told is that we in Washington cannot have shotguns with a barrel length under 18 inches and must be at least 26 inches long. No DDs and no full-autos. Here's a link: http://volokh.com/posts/1165014698.shtml

Mr. Rumore can either put the Russian made tactical HG with picitinny rails or the standard HG and put a metal picitinny rail on it to accommodate accessory's like a front pistol grip. I would recommend either; especialy if you want to do some fun mag dumps with the 10 rounders.

Thanks to all for answering--I would still love to get my hands on a few of these different accessories to try them out. I guess I have a couple of months to make that happen as I just put my name in line for a Tromix. :up:

And yea-I also think mcc was out of line there-

Thanks for the defense, rocinante. This mccumber guy was just trying to ride the bandwagon. He has been pretty quite lately! :smoke: This was coming from a guy that had been here a whole 3 days, said to ask a vetern here and one of that he mentioned hasn't been here for half the time. Not taken anything away from the vetern, but true. I didn't here someone answer his question better.

it was rude of me and i appologise... i was cought up in the paranoya of a ban...

it is good to see you got things worked out and came back

it was rude of me and i appologise... i was cought up in the paranoya of a ban...

it is good to see you got things worked out and came back

Thanks, Accepted, let's start over. :super: MikieD