Wow...Just orederd my 2nd Saiga 12

Hi to all. This is my first post after learning and lurking here for a few weeks. Great forum and super people here! I checked out the S-12 photos...there are some awesome guns there. I'm fairly new to guns and shoot once per week with my new electric tap machine.

e97f6d50.jpg

The Saiga 12 below 24 inch will be used for trap shooting and the second one I just orderd will be for home defense. I have a complete wood shop in my garage, so I think I can handle the upgrades needed.

The home defense gun I will cut the barrell down to 17.5 inches then add tony's shark break (as per Bvamps recomendation.) Mike over at Halo, is dropping of some cool Quad Rails this week. I would like to add the SAW or AK rear grip. I have a friend that can do the welding.

113c206a0.jpg

Questions:

Do I really need a but stock for the home defense gun?

Should I do the modifidations (tear down) both guns, or do the mods one gun at a time?

Oh, I purchased my first 19 inch Saiga from the Barons Den here in Eugene, Oregon and was told about this forum. After reading hundreds of threads here, I then sold the S-12 19" to a friend and purchased the 24" S-12. After shooting the 24" and reading further threads here and gawking at all the cool S-12's in the photos...I decided I had to have one for home defense.

A huge thanks to all of you that typed all the great details of your conversions.

Thanks again

Michael

B)-->

QUOTE(Michael B @ Mar 12 2007, 04:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi to all. This is my first post after learning and lurking here for a few weeks. Great forum and super people here! I checked out the S-12 photos...there are some awesome guns there. I'm fairly new to guns and shoot once per week with my new electric tap machine.

e97f6d50.jpg

The Saiga 12 below 24 inch will be used for trap shooting and the second one I just orderd will be for home defense. I have a complete wood shop in my garage, so I think I can handle the upgrades needed.

The home defense gun I will cut the barrell down to 17.5 inches then add tony's shark break (as per Bvamps recomendation.) Mike over at Halo, is dropping of some cool Quad Rails this week. I would like to add the SAW or AK rear grip. I have a friend that can do the welding.

113c206a0.jpg

Questions:

Should I do the modifidations (tear down) both guns, or do the mods one gun at a time?

Oh, I purchased my first 19 inch Saiga from the Barons Den here in Eugene, Oregon and was told about this forum. After reading hundreds of threads here, I then sold the S-12 19" to a friend and purchased the 24" S-12. After shooting the 24" and reading further threads here and gawking at all the cool S-12's in the photos...I decided I had to have one for home defense.

A huge thanks to all of you that typed all the great details of your conversions.

Thanks again

Michael

and i love it too... thanks again

my raa stock is backordered

Greetings from a fellow oregonian! I did my conversion myself and it worked out okay (although I still need to weld the holes shut, grind and refinish, details :rolleyes: ) Congrats on your purchase of the best firearm ever. I'm in the valley area btw so if you need any help converting yours I'd be glad to share what little wisdom I have.

That electric thrower looks like fun! Happy shooting!

B)-->

QUOTE(Michael B @ Mar 12 2007, 04:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

e97f6d50.jpg

113c206a0.jpg

Questions:

Thanks again

Michael

you ought to get rid of that pansy ass light off there and put a 6 d-cell maglite on it

Darrel, your squirrel may have bigger "gay pansy-ass" balls, our neighberhood honey has bigger apples!

83b20150.jpg

I purchased (my) experimantal " M3 Tactical Illuminator" light from the Baron's Den for $139.00

m3cat.jpg

Attached to:

Saiga Tactical Lower Forend with integral, single picatinny rail.

Fits Saiga-12 models.

Manufactured in Russia. Price: $55.90

TNG-S12-TACTICAL-FOREND-S.jpg

You can purchase the latter from this site:

Click here

you definitely wanna go with a buttstock for your HD gun. firing with out one can be very hard to control. and there is much more to a shotgun than "aim in the general direction and dont stop pullin' the trigger till it clicks". i shoot a lot of trap as well, some with my saiga and some with my remy 1100, and as far as im concerned a buttstock is just as important for HD as it is for busting clays. i mean, you wouldnt try to turn clay into powder without a shoulder stock would ya??? (ok ok, yes ive tried it, im sure we all have) but seriously. to be accurate you need the stability of having the weapon shoulder mounted. they are made that way for a reason. just my opinion. take it or leave it

ETA: if you want the best of both worlds, go with a folding stock. check out ace stocks. i hear they make some great stuff, super stout too.

Edited by hoop762
If you like a little abuse.

I bet the UF stock will tear the shit out of your shoulder! not very much surface area to spread the recoil.

it's ok... he has a shoulder condom... rofl... i'll try it out pistol style

besides... you could try the tactical fore-grip to the side

after it get a haol of course

Edited by mccumber1916

Thanks hoop72. Any thoughts about the Tapco AK-T6 stock:

11620d0d0.png

Conju, I saw that underfolder when I purchased my AK-47. Would you have to be into major pain for that one!!!

Here's my AK-47:

116080f90.jpg

Can anyone tell me where to get the chinese 75 round drum for the AK?

Darrel, Mike from Halo will be here Thursday to drop off the Quad rails. He well bring a couple to show you. Mike said to bring cash if you would like to take one home!

Tapco_stack_blk.bmp

Thanks Roc.

I've been checking them out...most of the chinese versions are selling for about $250.00 and the Romainian ones are starting at $99.00

Derrell, I finally received my S&W 38 P ankle holster today. So far it's great!

B)-->

QUOTE(Michael B @ Mar 13 2007, 06:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks Roc.

I've been checking them out...most of the chinese versions are selling for about $250.00 and the Romainian ones are starting at $99.00

Derrell, I finally received my S&W 38 P ankle holster today. So far it's great!

View larger picture

price: US $50.00 Buy It Now >

immediate payment required

Make Offer >

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shipping costs: US $11.00

Other (see description)

Service to United States

Ships to: United States

Item location: Oxford, Mississippi, United States

Quantity: 49 available

History: Purchases

Buyer: User ID kept private

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can also:

Get alerts via Text message or IM

Email to a friend

Listing and payment details: HideShow

Payment methods: PayPal

See details

Meet the seller

Seller: nyow1( 307)

Member: since Jan-11-00 in United States

Read feedback comments

Ask seller a question

Add to Favorite Sellers