B)-->

QUOTE(G O B @ Mar 13 2007, 07:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Since the Tigr is banned by name. there is most likely some apprehension by the Russians to push the issue.

I still want one!

True, but why not make a Saiga x54R Tokarev-esque style rifle? You dont need to make a Dragunov to use that caliber... I mean, 7.62x54E is right between .30-06 and .308 in size, power and ballistics..

I saw it advertised in Shotgun News. It was the same price as the .308 - $698.95.

I would like to have one since I already have to feed my Mosins.

Edited by layer

I used to think that a 7.62x54r semi auto would be the best thing ever BUT after realizing that I will have to clean the whole thing top to bottom even if I only shoot ONE round just to keep it from rusting away, now I am happy to buy wolf steel case .308 for my saiga .308 for 139.00 for 500 and shoot less.

B)-->

QUOTE(G O B @ Mar 17 2007, 07:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The 7.62-54R is so close to a .308 ballistically that scope drop compensators will work for either one. I want one to go with the Mosins.

Please correct my ignorance. I was under the impression that 7.62x54R had alot more powder behind it and alot more kick than the 308. Am I mistaken?

Just a bit more. The 54R is slighlty more powerful/range than the .308 and the design of the weapon firing them also comes into play. Twist rate, length of barrel etc.

An m1a and a Dragunov would perform similiar with the edge to the Dragunov mechanically /balistically. But it also boils down to the person operating the firearm. Also the m1a has a 20 rd cap mag where the 54R rifles have only 10

I used to think that a 7.62x54r semi auto would be the best thing ever BUT after realizing that I will have to clean the whole thing top to bottom even if I only shoot ONE round just to keep it from rusting away, now I am happy to buy wolf steel case .308 for my saiga .308 for 139.00 for 500 and shoot less.

I know it's a bit more expensive, but Wolf makes the x54r in steel case now too.

I know it's a bit more expensive, but Wolf makes the x54r in steel case now too.

It's more money than wolf .308 and its hard to come by. But I have plans to buy quite a bit of it so I can shoot my brothers mosin without having to clean it every time. I value my time at about 5.00 a hour so I have to fire about 60 rounds to come out even with corrosive.