I Received My Saiga .308, 16" today.........

and Im very pleased. I wiped the oil off, cleaned the bore and busted over two clips out of it, nice. After some sight adjustments, I was keeping 2" groups at 100 yds. I still waiting to receive a scope mount and a couple of 20 round mags. Plan on using this rig for hog hunting, should be a great combo. Frankly, Im shocked at the quality of the rifle, it's way above my AK's. I currently do not plan to do a conversion, but that could change with time. Anyhow, Im glad to have it in my hands, now.

P.S. I bought it from Gilberts Gun Shop, excellent service and and quick shipping.

I know I love mine.Always wanted a 308 semi and the saiga seems to be the best(cheapest) way to go.I too said I was gong to leave it stock but I have already been looking for prices on the parts I need to convert it.Local gun show coming at the end of the month.I hope to pick up a scope and sling and if luck is with me another 8 rnd mag.Enjoy.

I have a 16" 308 that I have converted and use it on Hogs here Texas. I load Nosler 150gr balistic tip and it does a number on them. I like the shortness of the Saiga it is real handy when jumping out of the truck or tractor to get a shot at a rooter. It is also handy to get off the gun rack on the atv, plus mud and water does not afect the operation of it.

DRJ

I live close to the Trinity river, and have hunted hogs for quite a few years. I normally use Ak's and a FAL that I recently sold with the intention of buy the Saiga .308. Yep, Im in no hurry to convert it, but I wouldn't rule nothing out.

If you're looking for a scope mount try and shop around for the Saiga brand (aka Izshmash). I found one on ebay ($46 + $5 ship) and I can't believe how solidly it locks up on the side mount. I've seen posts from other members where the lockup wasn't quite as tight as they wanted going with generic ak mounts.

Just my two cents.

If you're looking for a scope mount try and shop around for the Saiga brand (aka Izshmash). I found one on ebay ($46 + $5 ship) and I can't believe how solidly it locks up on the side mount. I've seen posts from other members where the lockup wasn't quite as tight as they wanted going with generic ak mounts.

Just my two cents.

I have both the saiga and a low mount weaver both lock up tight if you adjust them. I love the feel of this rifle now that its converted. It only took a few hours after geting it and I was doing the conversion.

I've got a converted 21" and a non-converted 16", and I gotta say, I think I REALLY like the unconverted one. Only problem is, the trigger sucks compared to my converted 308. Oh well, it's so freakin' handy, I just can't convert it!

and Im very pleased. I wiped the oil off, cleaned the bore and busted over two clips out of it, nice. After some sight adjustments, I was keeping 2" groups at 100 yds. I still waiting to receive a scope mount and a couple of 20 round mags. Plan on using this rig for hog hunting, should be a great combo. Frankly, Im shocked at the quality of the rifle, it's way above my AK's. I currently do not plan to do a conversion, but that could change with time. Anyhow, Im glad to have it in my hands, now.

P.S. I bought it from Gilberts Gun Shop, excellent service and and quick shipping.

Here ya go yo!

clipmag.jpg

You might like this too!

homeboysights.jpg

Software...

9826250_99ebc1e341.jpg

Sorry for busting your chops, but that's a major pet peeve, and a good excuse to post some funnies!

Edited by czgunner
I've got a converted 21" and a non-converted 16", and I gotta say, I think I REALLY like the unconverted one. Only problem is, the trigger sucks compared to my converted 308. Oh well, it's so freakin' handy, I just can't convert it!

I can relate to that, Greatmoose: my 16" is converted and 21" isn't and I'm pretty damn fond of both!

Alright, here it is. I've been trying to find a decent hog hunting plot that won't cost Texas $$. I'm stationed at Ft. Hood, so I can't exactly go door to door offering hog removal service because I lack a Texas accent, experience, and a yee-haw gun. Ft. Hood's red tape just pisses me off to hunt, (no truck hunting) but I'm dying to kill me a piggie (or 2, 3...the magazine is the limit). Are any of you guys free guides by trade with land and experience within 3 hours of Killeen looking for a hunting buddy? I want to try this 16" 308 out so bad, it kills me!

Shane