Do I already have a trigger hole cut?

I am going to be doing a conversion to PG and Stock on my rifle (a 7.62).

In Step 4 (http://www.cross-conn.com/Saiga_Conversion/Step_4.htm) of the step by step conversion of the Saiga to a modified receiver, it says that some receivers have the hole for the trigger and screw hole already cut, but you can't tell untill you remove the trigger panel (or plate).

I decided to see if I could tell by looking down through the receiver after removing the receiver cover and recoil spring.

I can see what looks like a cutout that has the little extra cutout on one of the four corners that would be the trigger hole. I am sure it is there (at least part of it) because by shining a flashlight just right under the receiver I can see light coming through that same place (or cutout).

Since the hole I am seeing has the little extra cut in the one corner and it is exactly where the new trigger hole should be;

is it a good chance that it is a trigger hole just waiting to be uncovered?

If it is the trigger hole, then does it follow that the hole for the trigger nut is also already cut?

What do you guys think?

louielouie

Most all Saiga's have the trigger hole.Almost none of the 7.62x39 Saiga's have the pistol grip hole.Many 223 Saiga's do have both holes.The conversion webpage you looked at has a 223 with the pistol grip hole.Also that webpage is a few years old now.One rivet that holds the trigger guard plate goes directly over the trigger hole.You will most likely have to drill and cut the almost square hole behind it for the pistol grip.

without my rifle in front of me...but isn't the hole where the original trigger is the one that you use for the pistol grip nut?

The one your looking for is the one where the new trigger should come down through, my x39 had it

You might get lucky... My x39 had both trigger and pistol grip nut holes already cut out.

Does your receiver have the magwell dimples?I bought one with dimples no pistol grip hole.I'm picking up another this week.Same receiver but a 20 inch instead of a 16 inch.

No, it doesn't. Actually I would rather have the dimples than the holes pre-cut if I had a choice.

Yeah I sort of figured the non dimpled receivers are most of the 223's and they usually have both holes.Well I'll see what my next one has.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Louielouie here, checking back in on my topic. I hate to admit it, but I am not sure what you mean by dimples?

If you mean the very slight indentations (such as mine has to the left of the S on my selector-safety) then where should they (or would they) be located on the magwell?

Thanks,

louielouie