Anyone else have one of these??? I didn't know where to post this.

It's not a Saiga, It's not a non-AK, It's not a Handgun

It sleeps in with the Saigas, so it is posted here.

post-2093-1175214418_thumb.jpg

This is a Romanian WASR-22 in .22lr

Blowback action, 2 - 10 round mags & a laminate thumbhole stock.

These rifles are cool because they are standard stamped receiver design.

There is no gas piston and the gas tube is just for looks.

Would be a neat place to stash a green laser...

Came with cleaning rod, leather sling, tube type cleaning kit & oil bottle.

post-2093-1175217365_thumb.jpg

The barrel o.d. is identical to a normal WASR or Saiga x39.

Also the muzzle isn't threaded. (yet)

Bayo lugs are milled off the gas block. Easy swap.

This one, the GB & FSB are canted a little, but that will be fixed.

post-2093-1175217268_thumb.jpg

I don't know anything about parts count in these but I assume it is similiar. 5 U.S. needed.

Assuming it is compliant to begin with, I removed the thumbhole stock & added a romy buttstock & FSE pistol grip.

One part added and it's a U.S. one.

It has century stamped FCG - +3

Also has a handmade floorplate - made by me.

I also swapped out the factory Romy HG's for the purdy Russian ones.

post-2093-1175214477_thumb.jpg

I took an armscor 25 rounder, removed it from it's fake plastic case and installed it in the galil mag body.

I was going to use a bakelite, but the curvature was too much. The Orlite body was perfect.

post-2093-1175214506_thumb.jpg

post-2093-1175214528_thumb.jpg

I cut a plastic top piece and bottom piece and plastic welded them in the body.

The top of the orlite mag needed to be sawed off as well.

post-2093-1175214493_thumb.jpg

The factory 10's for these are identical to plastic AK-74 mags on top with the feedlips cut off.

The then have a straight 10 round stick mag inside them.

Well with this one mag I made, the first 50 rounds I only had one jam and it was due to an ejected shell bouncing around in the receiver. Had a couple do that with the factory ones so I was pretty happy. I have 3 more to make.

Just have to refinish the buttstock, thread the barrel & swap out the gas block - maybe put a laminate grip on it.

Thanks for looking!

• Like 1

gAh! I knew somebody would come up with a way to extend that mag. The only complaint I have with mine is it sometimes ejects shells up inside the cover, get enough of them up there the gun will jam

sweet Dinzag, where do I get one? I'll go check RSR right now. Yup just checked ...can't find one. But they are stocking the AK bullpup now I noticed. Which being a lefty would be painful to shoot.

Edited by gunboy69

centerfire systems had 'em in the last flier. That is where I got the 25 rounders too...

Part # for the rifle is: AKAGUN22 - $249.97

Part # for the mags: #37MAGAK-AC22-02 - $29.97

If you want to get those mags, you need to call them. They were shown in the flier, but when I called they couldn't find them. I later got the # out of the flier & they went and looked for them. They didn't have too many, but they did have some. Give them that part # on the phone.

These are made for the ARMSCOR rifles only - they will not lock in the WASR rifles without doing something similiar to what I did.

BTW, it rips them off as fast as you can pull the trigger. :smoke:

GB69 - since you have a FFL, try Century...

Edited by dinzag

I almost bought one but heard there were feeding problems and only 10rd so i held off.Of coarse leave it to you to solve that :up: Its gonna look killer when you put the finish on it. You could shoot all day for just a few bucks!

Only problems I've seen with this one are occasional empty shell caught in the bolt or bouncing around inside the receiver. I just took it out again & shot up a bunch of old lead ammo. I had 3 empties in there at once, but never jammed today. I need to get on them other mags now.

Looks like the bulgie 223 mags will work the same as the orlites.

This is a pretty cool little gun! :super:

Edited by dinzag
Only problems I've seen with this one are occasional empty shell caught in the bolt or bouncing around inside the receiver. I just took it out again & shot up a bunch of old lead ammo. I had 3 empties in there at once, but never jammed today. I need to get on them other mags now.

Looks like the bulgie 223 mags will work the same as the orlites.

This is a pretty cool little gun! :super:

So...any ideas on how to fix it so the shell casing ends up outside the reciever?

Seriously, I don't know, but the receiver cover window is pretty small.

Maybe try using a regular x39 cover & see if it still traps 'em.

That or cut a big drain hole in the bottom of the receiver... ;)

Dunham's also have these WASR-22 and sometimes they go on sale for $199 instead of $249. They look like AK-47s or 74s and you don't have to worry about .22 LR ammo availability unless the anti gun DemonRats outlaw them. It's nice that you were able to fabricate a 25 round magazine and get it to work. This is a lot cheaper than buying a Ruger 10/22 and a Krinkov looking stock although the 10/22 has the advantage of hi cap magazines.

I tried an East German AK-22 a few years ago at a shoot at Miller's Campground. It only takes East German magazines and won't work with mags made in other countries. It felt like an AK with a recoil of a .22. I also saw an Italian made AK-22 at the OGCA show but the seller wanted $450 for it.

Good one scoutjoe! Hadn't though of that :smoke:

Yeah, the Italian ones are the Jager AP-80's I believe - my buddy had one. I'd say those are the best of the non-stamped receiver ones. He also had a Philipino one that really sucked. Some of 'em imported pre-94 were .22 mag. Would love to have one of them. Might be possible with this WASR - plenty of room in there for the longer action.

I got mine at Dunham's for $229 OTD.

Thanks again!!!

http://www.tacticalinc.com/blackdog-ar15m1...kits-p-578.html

I have been looking at the above as well, with thoughts of modding the top for proper placement in the AK mag well. Probably a cut/epoxy job with this and a 74 mag top for both location of the feed and latching.

The curvature on those seem to be a bit better than the armscor ones I got. Should be able to use with the more curved AK-74 mags just from looking at them. Thanks for the link...

Thanks again!!!

http://www.tacticalinc.com/blackdog-ar15m1...kits-p-578.html

I have been looking at the above as well, with thoughts of modding the top for proper placement in the AK mag well. Probably a cut/epoxy job with this and a 74 mag top for both location of the feed and latching.

The curvature on those seem to be a bit better than the armscor ones I got. Should be able to use with the more curved AK-74 mags just from looking at them. Thanks for the link...

I am hoping the mod can be done and retain the take-apart halves for servicing.