AK CLASSIC FROM ATLANTIC FIREARMS

Do you have any information about the rifle itself,quality,pros or cons and manufacturer (Red Stick/Red Jacket Firearms).I can't say much from looking at the pictures and Atlantic Firearms does not have detailed information on them.All I know is that the base rifle is SAIGA 7.62x39 ,Bulgarian wood and made by Red Stick/Red Jacket Firearms.I'd like a full description and some close up pics.PLEASE HELP !

post-6105-1175637327_thumb.jpg

Edited by KIGY

I got a Red*Jacket S-12 and my wife has a standard R*J "G" 7.62x39 AK build.

Happy with both. Have bought three guns through Atlantic so far.

Will at R*J and Blaine at Atlantic are great to deal with.

Welcome to the board!

Drew

well I don't have any pictures . sorry . As for the rifle , you called it . We start with a Saiga , do the hi-cap conversion , install a 74 front sight assy and brake for the AK103 look and put some really nice Bulgarian wood on it . The rifle is fully warrentied for 5 yrs . It's just a sharp looking rifle man . Will

Thanks man.Now,can you tell me someting about the finish,metal and wood,how it's done and what do you use?I don't want to sound to picky but being my first AK type rifle might as well be perfect,even if it costs a bit more.

Why not email us direct with any questions ?

sales@atlanticfirearms.com

No offense,but you guys just sell them.I would like to hear some opinions/reviews from people that own and shoot the rifle.I kind of like to do my homework before I buy it and both of you (Atlantic and Red Jacket) are too far so I can't see with my own eyes the rifle.Thanks for your offer to help.I'll end up buying one because I like what I hear about WILL's work at Red Stick/Red Jacket and Atlantic Firearms as a distributor. :killer:

Edited by KIGY

As far as that particular gun, I don't know because I do not have that model.

the 2 Red*Jackets I own are fished with duracoat Semi Gloss black paint.

The paint jobs on mine are superb. I'd chime in on the wood finish, only my furniture

is the black polly.

As far as how it shoots, I can only assume that it shoots as well as any other Saiga.

If your question is do Saigas shoot good, I believe the name of the forum says it all.

If Saigas did not shoot well, we would not be here.

Where else though can you get the Seller and the Manufacturer to respond to

a thread with questions about one of their guns.

I don't know about Ya'll but I think thats pretty cool!

Mrs. J here, I saw the thread, my gun from Red Jacket is not the same gun as the one you are looking at on your thread. Mine was built on a US receiver while the one you are looking at is a SAIGA receiver so I don't know that I can give you the info you want. I can tell you that I am VERY HAPPY with my Red Jacket AK!!!!!

Why not email us direct with any questions ?

sales@atlanticfirearms.com

No offense,but you guys just sell them.I would like to hear some opinions/reviews from people that own and shoot the rifle.I kind of like to do my homework before I buy it and both of you (Atlantic and Red Jacket) are too far so I can't see with my own eyes the rifle.Thanks for your offer to help.I'll end up buying one because I like what I hear about WILL's work at Red Stick/Red Jacket and Atlantic Firearms as a distributor. :killer:

I was @ will's shop a few weeks ago. Im a bodyman/painter and I can tell you his finish work is top notch. You could have a small party in his bake oven. (if it wasnt so damn hot) I shot several of his machine guns. I ran 100+ rounds thru a full auto AK he has. Not a single misfire or feed problem. He is building me a AK now and I refinish my own guns most of the time . IM having him do this one , so that should tell you something.

Hello, KIGY

I purchased a "Tac AK-47 Pistol" made by Will and sold through Atlantic Firearms a couple of months ago. I'm ashamed to state that I have yet to actually shoot it, but I'm very proud in the fact that I own it...It's an awesome weapon, and the workmanship is absolutely meticulous!

-Don't own a Tromix (yet...) but I would reckon Will's handiwork is in that elite class...(Not to be confused with "that Elite in TX"...)

Respectfully posted,

Guido2 in Houston

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Do you have any information about the rifle itself,quality,pros or cons and manufacturer (Red Stick/Red Jacket Firearms).I can't say much from looking at the pictures and Atlantic Firearms does not have detailed information on them.All I know is that the base rifle is SAIGA 7.62x39 ,Bulgarian wood and made by Red Stick/Red Jacket Firearms.I'd like a full description and some close up pics.PLEASE HELP !

post-6105-1175637327_thumb.jpg

I cannot comment on Atlantic because my dealings with them are limited. They appear to be on the level and are courteous to you, rare nowadays. They will do you right. Red Stick, I can comment on. I had Will build me an S-308 and he really does a good job. I had some problems with the gun at first. It slam fired three 20 round mags on me. This was very cool in that the recoil and control was quite manageable but it is a saftey issue. to make a long story short, Will fixed the problem refunded some of my money AND gave me a discount on my next build which by the by is an AK102 saiga that takes Galil 5.56 mags. He really does very good work and his customer service is exceptional at least in my book. Give this man your business and you will not be dissappointed .

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i have delt with Atlantic on two purchases so far, and there will be more in the future,.they are a good company,. and Blaine is a great guy to deal with.

i have seen some of Will's work,. and i am impressed,. if i can ever get my hands on a Russian AK-102/4/5 FS/GB combo unit i am sending my Saiga down to him to make it into a Russian AK-104 clone,. if you understand how hard it is, and how much of a pain in the @$$ it is to get ahold of the rare, and hard to find Russian parts needed for this conversion you would know that you dont give that kinda work to just anybody.