Shot other Saiga 12 yesterday

Hello fello infidels and semi-auto tyrants. Well I shot my new (have 2 now) Saiga 12 yesterday, along with my (4) AGP 10 rounders. I was using Federal 7 0z trap loads (pretty light stuff I think) Three out of the four AGP magazines seated great and fed the shells with no problem. I did have numerous failure to eject during the fireing strings. The issue started to get better after the second box and while I shouldered the weapon. All magazines (including the five rounder) performed that same way. I will have to look close at the one AGP magazine that doesnt want to seat. I think it will just be a matter of trimming the sides a wee bit. Incidently, I did adjust the gas setting to the (2), then (1) and the shottie still had some trouble with cycling. Soooo, looks like I must shoot it more to break in... Boo hoo! Take care boys.

What Tony said. I went skeet shooting yesterday and their low recoil 7 just would not cycle. I have shot both the Super Sport and Super Handicap and they are just peachy.

White Noise for what is worth my transaction went smooth with beerslayer and he did finally leave me positive feedback on gunbroker. Got any of your converted yet? I got the ace folder and saw grip and a ten rounder. We be bad.

Yeah rocinante, my transactions went real well with beerslayer (wait thats me), deerslayer and John Brown's Armory. I have the plans but not the cash for the conversion. Too many things to buy before the BIG BAN of 2008! Thanks Tony, I will try the AA Super Sport and give it a run.

Yeah rocinante, my transactions went real well with beerslayer (wait thats me), deerslayer and John Brown's Armory. I have the plans but not the cash for the conversion. Too many things to buy before the BIG BAN of 2008! Thanks Tony, I will try the AA Super Sport and give it a run.

will you post your results...

i too use the wallyworld federal for price but they have a lot of the AA so i'm curious

and i think the ban will be 2009 at the earliest... thats what next years tax returns are for

i too use the wallyworld federal for price but they have a lot of the AA so i'm curious

and i think the ban will be 2009 at the earliest... thats what next years tax returns are for

I hope your right about 2009. Yes, guns and stuff are something I get with tax returns ( thougt I was the only one that did that :rolleyes: )

I make sure ALL my beer cans are completely empty before blasting them. Of course I don't drink and shoot at the same time. I put the beer down before using my shotie, it makes for easier control ;)

By the way, after cleaning the new S-12 it was hard to get the gas plug back in. Had to turn it upside down (clean , unmarked surface facing piston) to get it in. Does it matter either way? The plug now seems to slide back and forth with ease. Incidently, the piston is rock solid on the carrier. My other S-12's is loose. Drunk Russian quality control, probably shoot Vodka for lunch : )

STOP ABUSING ALCOHOL! :killer:

LOL!

+1 on what white noise said...I'm not abusing the alcohol, just the cans. All drinkable beers are emptied in the proper manner prior to being filled with pond water and destroyed. Full cans are much more fun to blast!

Now there are a few cheap beers like Schlitz and others that I have no probs at all with shaking up good and blasting the shiot out them! Anything less than $5.50 a 12 pak is fair game! :devil:

After a few cases of targets and a good break in, with quality ammo any S-12 should out perform any other shotgun, as far as reliability goes.

I hope your right about 2009. Yes, guns and stuff are something I get with tax returns ( thougt I was the only one that did that :rolleyes: )

i almost spent 900 on the fn herstal fiveseven handgun... i have no regrets that i got the s12 as i got all of you with it

I make sure ALL my beer cans are completely empty before blasting them. Of course I don't drink and shoot at the same time. I put the beer down before using my shotie, it makes for easier control ;)

By the way, after cleaning the new S-12 it was hard to get the gas plug back in. Had to turn it upside down (clean , unmarked surface facing piston) to get it in. Does it matter either way? The plug now seems to slide back and forth with ease. Incidently, the piston is rock solid on the carrier. My other S-12's is loose. Drunk Russian quality control, probably shoot Vodka for lunch : )

i went through 500 rounds of federal on magnum setting before adjusting the port to light duty and cleaning the bitch

that goes to show you that each saiga likes what it likes