Nice job, she looks great. Did you have to relocate the gas port or adjust the tube length? I was gonna put one like that on my x39 but decided against it for some reason. Seems like I remember the gas port was off or something.

Natasha's got nice wood...lol. Looks like Walnut from Ironwood.

I like the UF too. :super:

Did you have to relocate the gas port or adjust the tube length

Yes and yes.

Compromise, after study it seemed easiest set the block where the front mounting pin lined up. The tube would be shortened to fit. The 45* gas block was redrilled like a 90* through the bottom from dimensions taken from the soon to be common front pin. Drilled the new channel into the existing 45* channel.

Nice man, way to go! I thought about revisiting that situation once I get my press. I think I remember there was also some trouble getting it to end up in the right place for mounting a bayo to the lug? After I threaded my barrel I cut the muzzle back and recrowned it to just over 16" from where it was at 16 3/8" or so.

That bakelite in the underfolder is pretty short! Is that a custom? How many rounds does it hold?

Courtney

That's an E. German .545 that I couldn't make feed more than 15 rounds so that's where I cut it off.

That's the second and better looking one.

Time will tell how the epoxy holds up.