AIM has galil mags for 13.95 and pro mags for 14.95

Just a heads up to anyone looking for magazines.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/AK_Magazines.html

Anyone care to post a range report on the Promag magazines? If it's already been posted here (and I missed it - obviously ;>) please just post a link.

All input is (as always) appreciated...

anybody know where those pro-mags are manufactured?

Would you believe South Gate, Ca? This is a Los Angeles suburb near East LA, (amigo).

Pro Mag make excellent magazines and accessories. I use the 7.62x39 magazine which is flawless and their Mini-14 magazines are the only aftermarket magazines I trust to function properly. I also trust Pro Mag magazines which work flawlessly in my pistols.

The only Pro Mag magazine I didn't use was their SKS magazine which needs to be fitted to the rifle due to manufacturing variances in each country which made them. I also did not want to have USC922r compliance issues with the SKS.

YMMV with Promag products, apparently. I have one for my Sig P225 and it's not good for anything but jam-clearing practice. I have also noticed that the Promag AK mags are quite a bit lighter and feel flimsy compared to Bulgy waffles.

I just got my shipment of Orlites. I bought four, and they are in great shape! One is kinda dirty, but will clean up well. Another has some Hebrew letters or numbers scratched on the side, but I'm sure it will function all the same!

Courtney

Edited by Saab900TEC
  • 5 months later...
Promags don't work not even close I bought one and gave it to RonSwin for his new Vepr

The Promags do work 100% in my Vepr II .223 (Go Figure!). It's like the damn things were made for that particular rifle. I could not get a Galil or Bulgarian to even fit the magwell of the Vepr II which is supposed to be one of the more finicky of the AK rifles with mag selection. I bought a couple of Promags for my Enfield #4MK1 a year ago and they work as well as the orginal British issue mag.

Edited by Ronswin