Is it a real big deal to go fully auto on the 762 X 39 Saiga? Can any one help me understand what I'm up aginst and is the job easy? What web site can I buy the parts from?

it's illegal. period. end of discussion. the only way for it not to be is to buy a preban fully auto. get a class III license, register it with every .gov known to man. if you convert it your going to jail.

Is it a real big deal to go fully auto on the 762 X 39 Saiga?

Yes, and not in a good way.

Can any one help me understand what I'm up aginst and is the job easy?

You are up the entire Federal Government and a 10 year prison sentence. No it is not easy, it requires drilling holes into the receiver for additional parts.

What web site can I buy the parts from?

Nobody will sell you parts. Don't do it.

If the gun was not registered as a machinegun before May 1986, it is illegal. End of story. Yes it sucks, but that is the way it is for now.

have fun in jail....keep the soap handy. unless of course you happen to be a dealer building a dealer sample with proper paperwork...yada yada yada.....that being said, depends, NO it's not the same, diff trigger, diff selector lever, the reciever has to be changed somewhat and need some small metal parts that are available almost everywhere, oh, and some changes to the rails, but i'd stay the F*** away from any parts. it's one thing to buy a parts kit surplus akm and make sure THEY keep the full-auto parts, smell funny but explainable, but good luck explaining a seperate billing from a seller that states you bought JUST the full-auto. for what, earrings? the only, yes ONLY reason we are still able to recieve russian ak-ish type rifles from izhmash is that the full auto ak is a diff story, and not just anybody can configure them to full-auto with a dremel tool and some duct-tape. and disconnecting the sear is for those who don't miss various body parts and are ok with out-of-battery firing mishaps. :unsure: well ok, mechanically, it's some work, some parts, some redoing the ak reciever too, so anybody who is smart CAN do it, seems to be anybody who's got those kinda brains knows better than to. get the drift? and if u ARE properly paperworked, u wouldn't be on a forum asking HOW TO questions,, you'd already be a gunsmith. and not need the info.:google:

don't like the smell of this guy, take a look at his profile, all his posts are about illigal mods to the saiga rifle, ie....922r being the main one and now full auto? seems to be on the lazy side too, doesn't care to do things properly, looking for "slap-together" parts that alter the sporting saiga. either really nieve and misguided, or just somebody who i'm not too proud to have as a fellow arms lover. don't get me wrong, i'd love to LEGALY own full auto ak's but i don't care to be lumped with people who seem to be aimed in an odd direction. dunno, or maybe it's just me being paranoid.....but u check it out. :unsure:

What web site can I buy the parts from?

You're just ate up with stupid aint ya? Can't wait to make it to jail?

Even worse if you got nailed for possesison of an illegal full auto firearm and they went and lumped those pesky 922R charges on you as well. Oh wait, those don't apply to people in Arizona!

To tell yeah the truth the more I think about it I don't think the 922 law matters in certain states...

uh....yeah.....

What's under your bed??? :angel:

Carefull, at the the rate your going, that's where "Bubba" is going to make you hide the "lube".

Edited by Vermiform

It is people like this that keeps the gun grabbers in business. If you just don't know any better, read what these guys have told you and take it as gospel. Educate yourself before doing anything stupid that could get you in trouble. If you are in possession of an AK type weapon and you also have full auto parts you can still get burned. They do not have to have been installed in the weapon. Stay away from this temptation unless you have about $10,000.00 to $15,000.00 to purchase one through the proper channels.

If you do know better and just don't care, then get the f--- off of this site. We do not need people like this here. We are not your friends and speaking for myself, I will be glad to do everything I can to make sure you are introduced to ATF. With the anti gunners useing any and every example they can find to take my guns I don't need you giving them ammunition. I take it personal as every gun owner should. I look at it as if you yourself are trying to disarm me.

I suggest you take up another hobby.

You want full auto, Talk to Red*Jacket or Tromix and do it LEGAL as an NFA item!!!

~Edit: Civilians are limited to those registered Before May 29 '86 . Hence the term " Pre-86" referring to weapons available for transfer to anyone and "Post-86" for those only available to Dealers and L.E. There is no way for a civilian to legally own a newly manufactured Full-Auto

This forum does not condone Psycho full auto home jobs, or anything ILLEGAL!

BVamp here. See initial post for my response. Jugg, dont play games with people like this. they are a liability to our community, much like vang was, when he joined to ask how to modify a saiga rifle to accept hi caps.