Where to get a nut?

I was going to say down on 4th and Main st :dollar::devil: .....but i see your talking of something else.Try Kvar,they should have them.

Yep,here ya go.Shipping will likely kill ya tho.

http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?prod...=316&page=1

Make sure you get the AKM or AK74 nut. The standard AK47 nut is larger and requires some fitting.

A bit of dremel-Fu on the side and its all good...

Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't.

I was going to respond to the title of the thread but thought better of it. I mean, most of you are guys, right? :unsure:

Actually that is the punch line to "Why did Jeffrey Dahmer keep frozen testicles in his freezer?"

Make sure you get the AKM or AK74 nut. The standard AK47 nut is larger and requires some fitting...

Now you tell me! I bought an AK47 NUT this weekend for $1.00. I am glad to hear that it can be made to work.

Edited by Azrial
Make sure you get the AKM or AK74 nut. The standard AK47 nut is larger and requires some fitting...

Now you tell me! I bought an AK47 this weekend for $1.00. I am glad to hear that it can be made to work.

I think i took 1/32" of an inch off both sides of the nut that go through the reciever....wasn't anything major

Now you tell me! I bought an AK47 this weekend for $1.00. I am glad to hear that it can be made to work.

I think i took 1/32" of an inch off both sides of the nut that go through the reciever....wasn't anything major

I used an AK pg nut on my first one. The main problem I had is I thought I needed to use pins through the holes left from removing the old trigger for strength and the AK47 nut was too tall. I had already welded pieces of the original cleaning rod as croos pins into the holes. I had to dremel the sides and the top of the nut so I would not have to rework the welds I had just finished. I later found that most of the parts made for the AK 74 drop right in without any alteration. It is easier but if you don't mind heating up the Dremel you can make the 47 nut work like it was made for it.