Before I buy...

I have a stock 19" gun. I love it. Now it's time to embrace it.

I am new to long guns. I've owned several handguns (HK P2000 9mm, Mark23, P2000sk .40, Glock 30, Kel-tec P3-AT (.380), S&W J-frame), but this is my first long gun.

The purpose of the gun is HD and fun. I'm trying to keep things cheap, and it must be legal. I'm planning on doing a quick and dirty write-up on 922r compliance for here once I have this sorted out, because it's not as easy to find the information as I expected.

I'm planning on ordering:

1) An AGP mag

2) A saiga-specific pistol-grip-and-folder-in-one so I don't have to convert

3) Some sort of rail so I can attach a light for HD

3a) Possibly a vertical grip

4) Probably HK sights

5) A blackjack trunnion buffer

6) A bolt hold open

7) Flash hider / muzzle attachment

1 - MAA is the cheapest place with newer feedlip'd AGP mags, correct?

2 - I'm looking for a lot of advice on this one. Is something like this acceptable? I don't have the time to do the trigger conversion (full time student, including this summer quarter). Does anybody have one of these, and how do they work (is it comfortable, secure, acceptable trigger positioning)? Am I better off paying someone to do a conversion? Does anyplace have what I linked cheaper?

3 - I need advice on this area, too. I think I want to mount a light under the foregrip/handguard for home defense. Will the light interfere with getting a good grip on the gun? I assume most lights are built well enough to take the abuse of being mounted to an S12 and being used as a handle, am I right?

3a - Will I need, or should I get, a vertical grip if I install a light? Does anyone have suggested rail/light or rail/grip/light setups?

4 - I'm leaning towards HK sights. I'm an HK fan and they look sexy.

5 - buffer. No questions here.

6 - Any suggested place to pick the BHO up? The store here is out of stock.

7 - I won't pick up a muzzle attachment unless its needed for 922r compliance.

Your advice is greatly appreciated.

Edited by Mr. Rx
Holy shit Mike. I'm in Dayton too.

How about I just stop by your place or shop sometime?

Where do you live in Dayton. I don't have a shop yet but have been looking at some locations. I know of an armour car place that is for sale/lease. It would be the perfect location for me when I get my machinegun manufacturing license. It has a 500 sq ft vault!

here is a stock to look at

http://www.riflestocks.com/SaigaAK.htm

post-5762-1183583281.jpg

Strapping one of these stocks on is a lot less work / cash than converting, but I haven't been able to find any reviews of them. Anyone out there have experience with one?

Thanks Cobra for the lead.

Mike - PM sent.

Its an Ace product so you can expect top of the line. They make the Tromix stock and a couple other peoples'. For a front handguard with rail I'd suggest the Russian made railed one, its also in the forum's store at a good price. To that you could add a vertical grip and light holder, or this...

http://www.blackjackbuffers.com/index.php?...products_id=558

or even cheaper this one...

http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/product_in...oducts_id=88586

As far as a muzzle device, it won't help your parts count to add a US brake/flash suppressor. But it will hurt your count if its a foreign part.

Its an Ace product so you can expect top of the line. They make the Tromix stock and a couple other peoples'. For a front handguard with rail I'd suggest the Russian made railed one, its also in the forum's store at a good price. To that you could add a vertical grip and light holder, or this...

As far as a muzzle device, it won't help your parts count to add a US brake/flash suppressor. But it will hurt your count if its a foreign part.

Thanks for the advice about the muzzle attachment and handguard. I'd like a Shark brake, but it's too expensive for me if it doesn't count.

I'm glad to hear more good things about Ace, but I'd still like to at least hear something from someone who's used one. I'm really kind of over extending myself financially (need to buy a new laptop for school) adding the goodies to the gun, but I just moved into a new place and want a good HD weapon. If I drop $150 on a grip/folder, I wanna make sure its gonna work. Has ANYONE out there used one of these guys?

-Brandon

I know You want an in-expensive build as most of us would....but reading that you want a flash hider, HK sights, folding stock...

Tromix comes to mind.

Give Tony @ Tromix a call. See if he can cut You a deal. If all you want is the basics without a full gas tube cut/barrel shorty....maybe he has a deal for you?

just my .2

:smoke: