double or single hook?

You can also dremel the hook of the double hook trigger that has no slot in the receiver, until it allows the trigger to operate properly. If done correctly, this can limit overtravel, also.

hey it really not hard to modify, though not professional, I did do mine with a cordless drill, small saw blade and a jewelers file.. turned out okay.
The trigger arm isn't hard to modify either, and the benefits to that are no rust vectors on your receiver, and no overtravel in your trigger when done (if you choose to hand fit it).
  • 3 weeks later...
hey it really not hard to modify, though not professional, I did do mine with a cordless drill, small saw blade and a jewelers file.. turned out okay.

Hpim1043.jpg

Amen! I definitely prefer the double hook FCGs. Why? Because (in my experience) American 'compliance parts' are not really mil-spec - and I like the idea that a double hook trigger will NOT turn your AK into a boat paddle, if one of the hooks breaks off (like a single hook trigger will). Just my opinion...

Amen! I definitely prefer the double hook FCGs. Why? Because (in my experience) American 'compliance parts' are not really mil-spec - and I like the idea that a double hook trigger will NOT turn your AK into a boat paddle, if one of the hooks breaks off (like a single hook trigger will). Just my opinion...

Yep, the Soviets designed the original AK-47 with double hook triggers, but when they looked back at the performance, they went with single hook triggers in the AKM because the trigger hooks never broke.

I have never see and FCG brake on a AK, have see a dent gas tube big time and the piston

dont go true any more with out forcing its way true it.

The machine receiver comes with double hook all stamped comes with single hook

any AKM, AK74 and AK100 FCG will fit your Saiga after conversion.

Like the AKM nut for the pistol grip will fit the Saiga no problemo on the hole

for the pistol grip, on the other hand the AK nut have to cut to fit the Saiga

hole for the pistol grip that comes from factory.

Yep, the Soviets designed the original AK-47 with double hook triggers, but when they looked back at the performance, they went with single hook triggers in the AKM because the trigger hooks never broke.

If you are installing a standard Soviet FCG in your Saiga, feel free to use a single hook trigger. If you are going with U.S. "compliance" parts, I recommend the double hook. Why? I've seen some mighty 'out-of-spec' U.S. "compliance" parts (not limited to AKs, or AK FCG parts). IMHO, if the U.S. manufacturers can't even get the dimensions right, I sure don't want to bet my life on their heat-treating or QC.

Your mileage may vary - please feel free to knock yourself out, any way you prefer...

;>)

You can also dremel the hook of the double hook trigger that has no slot in the receiver, until it allows the trigger to operate properly. If done correctly, this can limit overtravel, also.

nalioth,

if one removes stock from the other hook does't that weeken the hook and defet the idea of a second hook? I like the idea of the over travel stop. would be a lot easyer/ cheeper than using the dimpole stamping on a psl or a $90 rsa fcg.

nalioth,

if one removes stock from the other hook does't that weeken the hook and defet the idea of a second hook? I like the idea of the over travel stop. would be a lot easyer/ cheeper than using the dimpole stamping on a psl or a $90 rsa fcg.

Start taking material off in this area (make sure you take it off on the correct side [the side with no matching receiver slot]). Do this A LITTLE BIT AT A TIME (you can take it off, but it's a bit harder to put it back). Take it off until the trigger releases the hammer reliably.

aktriggerrh3.jpg

When done, you shouldn't have removed enough to weaken the trigger.

Edited by nalioth

nalioth,

Start taking material off in this area (make sure you take it off on the correct side [the side with no matching receiver slot]). Do this A LITTLE BIT AT A TIME (you can take it off, but it's a bit harder to put it back). Take it off until the trigger releases the hammer reliably.

aktriggerrh3.jpg

When done, you shouldn't have removed enough to weaken the trigger.

I like this. I think Ill gige it a try. thanks muttman

• 2 weeks later...
I like this. I think Ill gige it a try. thanks muttman

Please make sure you count your 'compliance' parts, FWIW.

You do not need legal problems...

bad bob,

this mod will not be on my saiga but on a biy rommy ak. thanks for the heads up. muttman2