Post conversion clean-up

I just finished my conversion (.223) and I was wondering what is the best way to clean out the reciever? I did a good bit of grinding to allow a M-16-galil converter. I have tried q-tips and rags but I can't get at all of metal dust. Any ideas out there or is this even important?

Thanks

plug the barrel with a double patch from the muzzle, then go to town with an air compressor?

but I wouldn't think some metal shavings inside the reciever would hang up an AK

I had a tough time getting mine cleaned out as well, but on the first conversion most of the particles were in my fingers and hands, learned very quickly for the other two!!!

Try one of the bristle brushes with the bendable metal stems and pipe cleaners, those worked pretty well.

Air compressor is good. Even better, if you have an air compressor, is to tear down the rifle, remove stock, PG, trigger group, etc, and run it under some hot water. After the metal bits have been washed away just blow it out with some air, spray it down w/ WD40 and blow it out again. Then wipe it down with a clean rag to remove excess WD40 and swipe out the barrel just in case there are some filings in there. Reassemble and you are good to go.

Edited by ArcFault
Air compressor is good. Even better, if you have an air compressor, is to tear down the rifle, remove stock, PG, trigger group, etc, and run it under some hot water. After the metal bits have been washed away just blow it out with some air, spray it down w/ WD40 and blow it out again. Then wipe it down with a clean rag to remove excess WD40 and swipe out the barrel just in case there are some filings in there. Reassemble and you are good to go.

I use the same method as ArcFault except I use carb cleaner or gun blast first instead of water. I then use the air compressor to blow anything left. If you use the carb cleaner make sure and follow it up with CLP or some other quality lubricant because the metal will be completely dry and unprotected.

I also have an ultra sonic cleaner but that removes any type of sprayed on finish as well as the unwanted debris. I found that out when I put an MP-5 in the cleaner and returned to a clean MP-5 completely free of the factory finish.