new web page for my saiga 12

new web page for my saiga 12

http://www.manicroger.com/12gauge.html

I recycled the trigger guard, selector stop, and axis pin retainer spring from the original configuration. I used the FCG from a wasr 10 (until I get a g2 for it), and a spare pistol grip and screw I had lying around. the rivets where left over from my sten mkIII

now all I need is a stock, and some better sights for it.

the pictures on top are of a USMC issue LWH that I shot with bunch shot, a .22 rifle, and a 12gauge rifled slug. Dont worry, it was unusable before I pumped it full of lead. one of these days I want to see if my other deformed LWH can stop a 7.62x39 at 150 yards.

don't ya need to have a buttstock on it? It came imported with one and even with the conversion I thought it was still required. Or do i have part of the SBS AOW stuff messed up in there?

I don't think it can be an AOW because it did start out with a buttstock. Its not a SBS , unless its barrel is less than 18 inches (shotgun specific). I don't see how Mossberg and Winchester sold stockless pistol grip only shotguns if they were illegal.

pix1723183031.jpg

Edited by dog
ya but we're running imported guns and blacklisted :)

Depending on whether that pistol grip is U.S. made, it might be at 10 or 11 foreign parts.

If the thread protector is considered a muzzle attachment by the ATF, a foreign pistol grip would mean he might have 11 foreign parts on that assembled weapon, which would make it contraban with or without any kind of stock. If the pistol grip is U.S. made, he clearly doesn't have more than 10 foreign parts assembled even if the ATF consider the muzzle thread protector as a muzzle attachment.

If the muzzle protector is not considered a barrel attachment, he then has no more than 10 foreign parts even if the pistol grip is foreign made.

However, according to what you may be thinking, NFA rules do not apply more to a 922r non-compliant weapon. His weapon may only possibly be in violation of 922r, but surely not of NFA laws.

Edited by dog
the pistol grip, dont matter where it came from, as its not part of the official list so graciously given to us by BATF. the thing that might get him is the FCG from a WASR.

A pistol grip is on the list on possible foreign parts. Its not present on a stock saiga, but it is a countable part. Assuming the pistol grip he is using might be foreign made, it becomes a part to factor in.

Part number 16

http://soupbowl.kalashnikov.guns.ru/page12.html

The main thing is he can't have over 10 countable foreign parts based on the 20 possible ones mentioned on the list. Example: Saigas do not have a stock flash hider, but adding a foreign flash hider would also increase the amount of total foreign parts by one.

Edited by dog

+3 - Century FCG

+1 - PG

+3 - Mag

7 parts by my quick look...more than enough for 922r.

Also I believe a 19" Saiga with the tang is about 1/4" shy of 30".

In Michigan if your rifle/shotty is between 26 and 30" you need to register it as a pistol.

Not the case with all states, but I'd check it out.

+3 - Century FCG

+1 - PG

+3 - Mag

7 parts by my quick look...more than enough for 922r.

Also I believe a 19" Saiga with the tang is about 1/4" shy of 30".

In Michigan if your rifle/shotty is between 26 and 30" you need to register it as a pistol.

Not the case with all states, but I'd check it out.

26inches overall I think is the federal length. I didn't count in any particular state's laws.

I just seen his other post where he does claim the trigger group is U.S. made.

Yep, hes 922r compliant. And if his gun's overall length is 26 inches, hes at least legal with the Feds, but not with every states own laws.

Edited by dog

there simply is not requirement to have a buttstock. the overall length and barrel length is all that matters, and if it has a 18" barrel than by default, it's overall length is greater than 26" (federal length).

citing state or local laws is useless. I can probably find a state or city where the S-12 is banned. If so, do we stop talking about them or posting pitcures, just b/c it's not PC somewhere??!!?!

Parts count is also a non-issue on a non-buttstocked S-12. So we can all sound like "Import-Know-It-Alls", but all you're doing is showing your ignorance.

Caspian