Saiga Festivals

Any "friendly alien" may try our guns for free (though beer is yours) at our Moscow shooting range!!

sounds like a very fair deal!!! :D

welcome aboard, moscow!!!

you know, there could be opportunities here for both of us. we can't find reliable access to saiga goods from the rodina and what we find outside is piecemeal (someone has a few things available but no reliable supply). in return, for a fair mark-up, your group gets american dollars and we both get a good working relationship! just needs someone to step up to the plate! :D

Edited by hardcorps1775

Sadly, I don't know if he could have brought the air rifle back. The Yunker air rifles made from deactivated AKs aren't deactivated to the standard required by our Bureau of Alchohol Tobacco and Firearms, last I checked.

Anyway, Bvamp is right. There are many things we can't get here in the US simply because nobody is clever enough to import them, particularly with regard to Saiga parts.

well, being an endowement member of the nra, i think it's a gfreat idea and will send my own questions and comments in that regard! the thing is there's a big difference between our countries in that we have a written constitutional right to bear arms here. i'm not sure you do in russia. but you do have the right to suggestions and strategies that have worked well for us in the u.s.!

well, being an endowement member of the nra, i think it's a gfreat idea and will send my own questions and comments in that regard! the thing is there's a big difference between our countries in that we have a written constitutional right to bear arms here. i'm not sure you do in russia. but you do have the right to suggestions and strategies that have worked well for us in the u.s.!

Thanks!

Should I mention that I feel honored to speak to the member of NRA!

Yes, could be interesting, if you undertake your private investigation among the NRA ranks and files with the purpose to organize some tentative NRA supported presentation (gun show? open amateur gun festival?) in Moscow.

Yes, unfortunately we have not the Second Amendment in our Russian Constitution :rolleyes: We have no right to own firearms - pistols and revolvers - however, rifles and smooth barrels are legal in private possession after obtaining appropriate license, of course.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Respects

Boris

As an N.R.A. member, I think that international affiliates may be JUST the thing to conteract the U.N. anti-gun mentality that is now rearing it's ugly 'one world the way WE tell you it should be' head!

G O B

Z'drastvudya! Welcome Saigist and Vladimir! Have either of you heard of or used the PKS-01 or PK-AS collimator sights? I enjoy using them on my AK-74s and intend to try one on my Saiga-12 when it arrives. However, there's very little information available here except for what's in the (Russian) manual. Also, would magazine changes with the Saiga-12 be faster if the magazine release lever were longer?

Paca...

Tomac

Z'drastvudya! Welcome Saigist and Vladimir! Have either of you heard of or used the PKS-01 or PK-AS collimator sights? Also, would magazine changes with the Saiga-12 be faster if the magazine release lever were longer?

Paca...

Tomac

Zdravstvuy, Tomac! :super:

Yes, I heard of it. http://tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/pkas.html. I've been still researching various collimator sights and now I review only open-type collimators like COBRA or OKP "Osa". Sorry, couldn't find it in english. See the pics: http://www.belka-mvd.ru/directions/equipment/osa. What about PK-AS, it is closed-type. I.e. it is like an optic sight. I find it less comfortable than open-type collimators COBRA or OKP. I would buy OKP "Osa", but it seems to be not sold now. :(

Magazine changes... I think no matter what lever. Sure, several magazine improvements could be done, but I don't see any way to make magazine change faster except you personal training. I'm looking at Saiaga-030... There it is realy faster!

Poka! :lolol:

Hi, Vladimir. Thanks for the information on the "Osa", it looks very interesting. Can you provide any details on it? (What kind of batteries does it use, reticle types? How old is the design?). I used the Cobra for many years on my AKs until the PK-AS arrived. What I like about the PK-AS is that it functions in the daytime without using a battery, is low and to the left so the iron sights are always visible and the black circle around the black dot works very well for me as a close-in aiming index for fast shots. I asked about the magazine release lever because I found the lever to be too short for quick magazine changes with my AK-74's unless I made the magazine release lever longer and was wondering if I will encounter the same problem with the Saiga-12 magazine release lever. Thx!...

Tomac

PS- My apologies for my poorly written Russian, I speak it (barely!) better than I write it!

Re: Sights............... I have had good luck with my PK-AV with my Saiga 20. Tantal was out of stock when I went to buy mine. I got it from Yuri at freedomoptics.com. Probably put about 100rds thru it, and once I got the elevation and windage good it's been a ton-O-fun (shoot slugs-I like the Winchesters the best, keep my Saiga-12 for the shotshells). Good in bright sunlight, but no black dot (couldn't afford that one at the time) Maybe someday join you guys in Moscow for some rec. shooting! Bolshoye spasibo.............

Smokes

post-2-1097944808.jpg

Edited by Ol'smokie

Thanks for all the information, Vlad, it's nice to hear from someone with practical experience and perhaps a different perspective on things! I find that the extended magazine release I use on my AK-74s makes removing the empty magazine much faster (just a smooth swipe with the thumb as the fingers grasp the front of the empty magazine) yet doesn't interfere with inserting a fresh magazine. When my Saiga-12 arrives (hopefully this Friday) I'll have to try quick magazine changes before deciding whether or not to extend the magazine release. Are you aware of any magazine pouches that fit the Saiga's 8rd magazine? Thanks and keep us posted!...

Tomac

Edited by Tomac

Omitted important thing about "Osa" - aim mark.

sight31.jpg

Well, I wish the aim circle mark encircling the dot was bigger for fast shooting. Or maybe it is quite enough. What do you guys think?

Found some more pics:

sight35.jpg

sight36.jpg

slugster5.jpg

slugster6.jpg

slugster7.jpg

slugster8.jpg

slugster11.jpg

Are you aware of any magazine pouches that fit the Saiga's 8rd magazine?
No, I am not. The fact is that I never was interested in it. All the more our Club (Saiga.ru) provides specially designed ammo vest that I find very comfortable for magazines/cartridges carrying during the coaching/hunting.

When my Saiga-12 arrives (hopefully this Friday)

Which and why exactly such?

Yes, Boris is right. No matter how to take magazine off, it is important how to put it in. Putting in is a real problem. This is Izhmash's fail, I deem. And saiga rifle and saiga shotgun are big difference. But something could be done for reducing that problem. I disassembled one of my magazines and had cut the spring off, had truncated the follower and the tail/foot (?). I've burned follower's inside, i.e. removed inflexibility framework to take more room to the spring. I took the file and smoothed spiking corners. The result is that this magazine's got additional place for one extra cartridge and easier cartridge pushing in. Unfortunately not all shells are fit to be extra shell due to their length as I wrote. But the main is that the magazine is much easily attached now.

holy shit, i thought that was a grenade launcher or something! :D

Now that you mention it.... dewat GP-25 & GP-30 under-barrel grenade launchers *are* available (and would fit my AK's lugs just fine) but are a bit pricey for something that doesn't fire!... :rolleyes:

Tomac