Hi Saigist

A big warm welcome to you and all of your members , yes i fully agree , we can fight anti-gun laws together

:super:

you will find many friends here from around the world , its great that a place like this exists so that we can extend the hand of friendship the world over.

all the best

assassin

Im sorry to hear that Saigist. It sounds like your government just put an execution order out for your police force by making them use those pistols. especially in light of how things go for you with the chchnyan a$$hole jee-HAD-ists. like my spelling? :) I somehow doubt the police here will agree to work with a pistol with rubber bullets.

maybe they should be asking the government what they should shoot back with during the next hostage crisis involving those a$$holes. a rubber bullet pistol? they should just all carry laser pistols and play laser tag with them next time. it would be just as effective at getting all of your policemen killed.

I am really sorry to hear that.

welcome to the forum by the way :)

Edited by Bvamp

Yeah the news media in this country didnt have the balls to call those chechen's terrorist's or islamic militants. It disgusts me, this country's so concerned with political correctness we are afraid even to offend murderers.

well its funny, after reading the 9/11 commsion report, apparantly a lot of the hijackers that flew the planes into the buildings/ground here and thier accomplices were actually recruited originally to go to the jihad in chechnya. Whats his face, the guy that ran the whole show apparantly got bin ladel to talk them into striking at the USA instead. I wonder how much information is being shared between the USA and Russia about al-cracker and osama bin ladel. they sure looked the type that is commonly being given their desired airtime for thier cause on national TV with the hostages and such these days, and those people are almost all al-quaker trained and funded from what I know.

Saigist,

I would hate to see Mr.Putin loose any support. It just seems like our 2 countries

are on our own. I don't think kerry will support Mr.Putin as bush does. It's wrong,

we should all stand together against a common threat no matter who is in whatever

office, but thats my opinion.

By the way, a large welcome !! Glad to see you here!

(sorry for the late hello)

MAC_TEK

Edited by MAC_TEK

I for one dont know why our two governments havent ganged up yet on these bastards, especially after we were both attacked by al-qaueda in our homelands. between USA and Russia, they dont have a chance. I dont think america wishes to abandon our newfound russian friends, but I do think that there is still some sentiment left over from that stupid cold war. I know good old boys here that would flip out if they knew the feds or the intelligence sectors were sharing information back and forth with russia, but Im sure that once its been proven that it will be highly effective, they will change thier tune. I dont see why this isnt happening now in a bigger way. your chechnyan rebels are al-qaueda backed, funded, and have many members of the group in thier midst. Like i said, the 9/11 hijackers, MOST of them, almost ALL of them, contacted al-qaueda to fight thier stupid JEEHARD in chechnya, and were redirected to the "planes operation" here in the USA. it is funny how the next well orchestrated attack was in russia, by the same group of thugs and evil criminals that attacked the USA. every three years they pull this b.s. and Im wondering what the next attack will hold in store.

why arent our governments hand-in-hand with this? it is plainly visible this is the same group. the civilized world needs to put aside thier differences and kill these people where they live and hide NOW! not trap them when they attack again and kill them. since when do ordinary citizen's lives have to do with politics? its incredulous to me that this hasnt been addressed completely and thouroughly by both of our govts.

its not well, lets see what they say. its SUPPOSED to be, what are WE going to do? the red tape needs to be cut.

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings "brothers in arms" in Moscow.

For our country we have good news, I am sure you have heard, Bush has won the election.

I am curious though about many things in Russia, how hard is it to own a gun there?

About women shooters, what is your ratio? I am a member of the USPSA, an amature shooting orginization, and although we have some very good women shooters they are very few. Generally for every 15 to 20 men at our matches there is only one woman. Women are the ones that we need most to reach, since at least in this country they are the most vocal anti-gun group.

Have you heard of the IPSC? It is the International Practical Shooters Conference, it is the international group with which our USPSA is associated. There web site is www.ipsc.org

I hope that together we can turn the tide of anti-gun hysteria in both our countries.

Congratulations on IPSC. It seems that you are well on your way to establishing practical shooting in Russia.

About women shooters, it is the same here. One thing that we are doing is having a women's day on the range. It might not work so well there, but since we have the ability in this country to get a concealed carry permit, we invite women from the community who are interested in self defense to come to the range and shoot various makes and models of guns, which we provide. This gives women who are interested the opportunity to try different guns before they decide on one. It also introduces them to our club, and to the sport of practical shooting. We also sponsor many shooting classes which are open to the public, which makes some money for our club and also introduces more people to practical shooting.

If there is anything I can do to help your club let me know, I make it my business to promote shooting as a sport anytime I can

Guest Guest_Saigist
Congratulations on IPSC. It seems that you are well on your way to establishing practical shooting in Russia.

About women shooters, it is the same here. One thing that we are doing is having a women's day on the range. It might not work so well there, but since we have the ability in this country to get a concealed carry permit, we invite women from the community who are interested in self defense to come to the range and shoot various makes and models of guns, which we provide. This gives women who are interested the opportunity to try different guns before they decide on one. It also introduces them to our club, and to the sport of practical shooting. We also sponsor many shooting classes which are open to the public, which makes some money for our club and also introduces more people to practical shooting.

If there is anything I can do to help your club let me know, I make it my business to promote shooting as a sport anytime I can

Thanks,

By the way, a strong merit of our Gun Club in Moscow is also to let novice try various guns (saiga), fire them and talk to the owners before buying their own. Unfortunately, hand guns are not allowed in Russia, and nearly all girls coming to oure Club for test shooting are looking in fact for a pistol or revolver rather than the only alternative Russian Gun Law could offer them - a heavy 1500 mm long 12/20 gage shot-gun :unsure:

Let's stay in touch!

My E-mail is darknessdawning@yahoo.com.

It sounds like Russia needs a stronger gun lobby, actually with the big UN anti-gun thing it sounds like the world needs a stronger gun lobby. Here in the US we are breathing a bit easier, but it isn't over yet by a long shot. E-mail me and we'll toss some ideas back and forth.

Vern: you need to come out to NY and mass and such states and help the guys here that are outnumbered by fly-by-night soccer moms figure out how to get rid of these stupid gun laws that are only even intended for the big cities here. theres no reason people in my area should need these stupid AWB laws, when its just to protect the big cities. let the cities ban them then, why is the whole state barred as well? I just dont get it. Our rights here are violated on an hourly basis here.

Bvamp, E-mail me. I sat and complained for years, and then I got tired of it. I actively campaigned in this election for pro-gun candidates, and got involved with the republican party. We have a major fight coming up in 2008, and now is the time to start. Anything that can be done to discredit Hilary will help, but we need to look at who we will run. I said we. That means that each and every one of us has 4 years to join the republican party and place ourselves in a position to make a difference. I for one am intending to run in our mid-term elections for state legislature, each election we have a democrat run unopposed. I don't expect to win, since I'm a blue collar electrician, but if people are as feed up as they say they are it might work. Get active, forget about third parties (Libertarians, Constitution party) no matter how good they sound they will not win a presidential race. If we are going to effect a change it will have to be in the two party system we have now. Letters are another good thing. I don't mean form letters, but we as gun owner need to let people know how to contact their representatives in Washington. Maybe we could come up with some sort of pamphlet with names and addresses, and even some guidelines for writing. That would be good in Russia as well, everyone who shows up wanting a handgun should be given information on who to contact to complain. That's a start, is it enough, or could we do more?

And what if your a Democrat? Then getting involved is even more important, let your party know that their hard line approach to gun control is out of step. If all Democrats who also own guns would become active members of the party then maybe the Hilarys and Kerrys wouldn't get nominated.

me, and everyone else that I know with firearms here are republicans. how did hillary get to run here anyway? they were aiming for the election here, and just bought a house and ran? what kinda crap is that? how does this woman know anyhting about NY? she's from chicago and lived in arkansas. I just dont get it. a good candidate for rep pres would be colin powell or someone like that, in my opinion in 2008

Powell has considered the Idea as I understand it, and thus could be drafted so to speak. The Democrats drafted Wesley Clark this year though he ended up not getting the nomination. Had Clark been nominated he may well have won. The Democrats made a mistake that we cannot afford to make in 08, they ran a hard line liberal. With president Bush's approval rating, a moderate could conceivably have taken a lot of votes. Hilary is very Liberal and thus if run a moderate, we could pick up a lot of Democrats.

Something else that we will eventually have to face is that there will be gun control in this country. I for one would like to be involved in that when the time does come. If we let the liberals write it, then we will lose everything, if we are involved then maybe we can come up with something that still lets us keep our guns. I don't have a clue how this could be done, but I know that I don't want Hilary to write it.

Guest govtkiller

What is very misunderstood in this country is that the Natl Rifle Assn. is as much as a political party as either of the other two (and there should be more in my opinion).

(as I'm sitting here wrighting this I just heard a shotgun blast out of my window. I'm in Kansas City, and in a decent neighborhood)

Those of us who give to the NRA should look at it in this way:

We are fueling unimaginable amounts of money into thier hands to loby on the behalf of gun owners and to a smaller extent property owners in this country. It doesn't matter what political affiliation you have, all high ranking politicians are heavilly seduced by the $$$$$ that the NRA throwes at them. This is how you get the most liberal senator in the senate to go take glamour shots with a shotgun.

Gun ownership in this country is a non issue. Pure and simple. We all have them, no matter what our political affiliations.

People who think that they should support the right wing because they won't take your guns away should consider the Braidy Bill. That's the most radical bit of legislation that has been passed since they outlawed fully automatic weapons back in the 30's. Braidy was a Republican, and a REAGAN Republican at that. The AWB was a knee jerk reaction to tragedeys like Columbine, and that bank robbery in California, but our politicians had to throw them a bone in the wake of that crap.

Even then it's a few bad apples spoiling the whole bunch.

So in summation, when it comes to politics, vote the way you think is right, and not because you are concerned that you'll lose yer guns. After all, they'll have to pry them from our cold dead fingers, right?

the BRADY bill was passed because the man that shot reagan and brady was clinically insane, and purchased his weapon legally from a shop within a day or something of the shooting. it doesnt ban anything, just forces checks and waiting periods is all. whats wrong with that if it helps keep guns away from nuts and crooks.

AWB? we still have one here in NY, and they have a worse one in CA.

its always a few bad apples that ruin the bunch. especially with a tainted media. where are the stories of people that rightfully shot someone in self defense? what about the what if if they HADNT done so? the media is pathetically one sided, and THAT is what makes this world go around. GOSSIP.

as for me?? well, I will NEVER vote for anyone like kerry that betrayed his fellow comrades in arms. he was there to spy on the army, and to start his political career in my opinion. I cannot with a clear concience vote for someone that would do that in that situation. Nor did I vote for clinton either term, the second time SPECIFICALLY because of his infadelity. cant be faithful to your own family? i aint voting for ya, or your second in command....

That is exactly the distinction that I was trying to make in my last reply. The AWB was written by liberals, the Brady Bill by conservatives. The AWB limited the rights honest law abiding citizens, the Brady Bill did not, it only provided an inforcement means for laws already in place.

Do not trust the Brady lobby they are a powerfull group of gungrabbers with deep pockets. The Brady assholes succeded in getting most handguns banned here in maryland. Do not be decieved they want to ban ALL firearms. The current law in maryland, and I think Mass. also will make biometric safties MANDITORY for all handguns the day the first one is marketed. This does not affect LEO or even rent-a-cops. The stated purpose is to make it impossible to get shot by your own gun. SOUNDS reasonable, but since the group that is most likely to be shot with their own weapons is EXEMPTED from this law , the deception is transparent. This is class warefare pure and simple. Unless you can spend $$$$$$$$$ you don't deserve to have weapons. Fienstien has a CCW,and her old man is a "collector", even Kerry has an AK on the wall in his study. Bans are only to prevent us mere mortals (work a day stiffs) from weapons ownership--it is the lower classes that cause all the trouble. (That is the only sense that this grumpy old basterd can see in their logic anyway. )

G O B

• 2 months later...

I am glad to know there is a positive gun culture still alive in another counrty along with the USA. I think we all have enemies in our own backyards attacking our gun rights, much less the UN and other piss-ant world orgs.

We have rubber pea-shooters in the US also, but we let our youth have them to get introduced to guns. No fooling ourselves about them being practical in the real world other than easy target practice in your garage!

Glad your here, Saigist