CDNN Saigas

CDNN has 12 gauge Saiga shotguns for sale for $229 with an adjustable sight, and $199 wiithout. They are both 22" barrels, full choke.

Which one would you buy, and why?

If the barrel is shortened to, say 19", is the full choke gone, and is the barrel now a full cylindrical bore?

Is the replaced buttstock from an AK stamped receiver or milled?

Thanks in advance for your knowledge.

CDNN has 12 gauge Saiga shotguns for sale for $229 with an adjustable sight, and $199 without.  They are both 22" barrels, full choke.

Which one would you buy, and why?

the one without the adjustable site , both shotguns have crude sites that your going to want to upgrade anyway so why pay more for something your going to throw in the trash.

If the barrel is shortened to, say 19", is the full choke gone, and is the barrel now a full cylindrical bore?
yes and yes, now you can get it cut and get it threaded for American screw in chokes like win choke or rem choke most places will do it for 60 bucks or so and it makes it allot more versatile.
Is the replaced buttstock from an AK stamped receiver or milled?
saigas have stamped receivers and single hook fire control parts, if you replace a part try to do so with a U.S. made part to be compliant with imported gun regulations.

I think the adjustable chokes your referring to were commonly called polychokes.

I had one on a semi-auto Winchester 12ga quite a while back. Man I miss that gun, the choke was adjustable from slug all the way to extra full, and it was also one clay slayin motha at the local skeet range. Usually broke 23 or 24 of 25 targets on full choke and perfect scores when I'd open it to modified.

Yeah, but the Marbles sales rep I e-mailed with a few years back basically illuded to me that he thought all Saiga type shotguns were crap and he didn't like working on them (as in installing a Polychoke on them).

So I say screw them. I'll take my :dollar: elsewhere. :chris:

Hello, I'm new here. Just had to have a 12c and seems like all the info is here. Anyway concerning the CDNN Saigas, ordered one today and they are starting to run low on them. Seems like since the AWB died alot of people have suddenly become interested in the possiblities! FWIW.

CIB - They are indeed running out. In fact, they've run completely out of the standard $200 model - my local dealer's FFL finally arrived at CDNN, so I ordered mine today, and had to go with one of the $230 models, with the raised sight rib.

What's the big difference with the raised sight rib, anyway? It's meant for installing scopes/dot sights, correct?