Whats a good rail for the standard handguards?

Im looking for a good metal rail I can drill holes into a standard plastic handguard and attach it to the bottom.

I dont like the halo handguards because they replace my sights, The custom jobs where someone modifys a standard existing handguard would be good if I could buy it already made. I just dont have the time to work on that myself.

The plastic rail handguard in my picture, the rail broke while firing it and I was left holding my m900 flashlight in one hand and my saiga in the other. I would really like to have that flashlight on my saiga and mounted solid.

Edited by mike123456
Im looking for a good metal rail I can drill holes into a standard plastic handguard and attach it to the bottom.

I dont like the halo handguards because they replace my sights, The custom jobs where someone modifys a standard existing handguard would be good if I could buy it already made. I just dont have the time to work on that myself.

The plastic rail handguard in my picture, the rail broke while firing it and I was left holding my m900 flashlight in one hand and my saiga in the other. I would really like to have that flashlight on my saiga and mounted solid.

Was that a factory Russian rail that broke? :unsure:

I have mounted lots of rails to the factory forearms. I have stock ones ready to modify for the rifles and shotguns. Just let me know what you want and I can build it up and even ventilate it for you. Single rails or tri rails no problem.

Please PM me if interested.

I also think that HALO rails are WAY TOO HEAVY, and otherwise plain SUCk (I have seen guys that split their lips using the ridiculous things). The TDI rails are glass re-inforced polyamide for ARs, and are super strong, and work really well. Just use common sense when judging the screw head with relation to hitting the barrel on the inside of the forend. You may need to grind the screw head IF you place it too far forward. If you do not, well. . .then no problems. All this will become obvious when installing them.

gallery_108_148_719165.jpg

gallery_108_148_820889.jpg

gallery_108_148_736705.jpg

gallery_108_104_21489.jpg

Edited by inparidel