OMG did i get a deal on a S-308

If you look at the rifle closely, the rifle has "bubba" buttstock, the trigger guard is not properly bent, the handguard is not original. Looks like someone did a nasty conversion job. I live in Marietta, GA and I can buy a brand new S308 for $329 + tax = $350. I really don't think you got a deal out of it.

If you look at the rifle closely, the rifle has "bubba" buttstock, the trigger guard is not properly bent, the handguard is not original. Looks like someone did a nasty conversion job. I live in Marietta, GA and I can buy a brand new S308 for $329 + tax = $350. I really don't think you got a deal out of it.

Another GA local.

Yah but the conversion is done so thats no FCG, no Pgrip no time. Buy a new stock and you're still in for $100 less than if you bought it new and did everything yourself.

I agree with that, The hard work is done for someone that doesn't have the time or other reasons to do the conversion themselves. Just change the furniture if they want too. They had intentions with it probally.

Edited by Superhawk138
the trigger guard is not properly bent, the handguard is not original. Looks like someone did a nasty conversion job.
I'm either blind or stupid (or both) but what's wrong with the way trigger guard is bent? (Frankly it looks about the same as the one I did. :blush: )

And how can you tell that the handguard isn't original?

the trigger guard is not properly bent, the handguard is not original. Looks like someone did a nasty conversion job.
I'm either blind or stupid (or both) but what's wrong with the way trigger guard is bent? (Frankly it looks about the same as the one I did. :blush: )

And how can you tell that the handguard isn't original?

you got one hell of a deal. all you need is a butt stock! and your done and ready to shoot and show! and btw the hand guard is original

Hell - I'd say you got a hellava great deal... 3 years ago, I paid $275 for my EAA S-308 (NIB) and then spent another $100 - $150 just to make it 922r compliant for 20rd FBMG mags that did not then exsist. I have since dumped another $300 - $400 in fun stuff on it, but $300 for an S-308 that has already been "converted" and is in fine working condition... DAMN! I wish I had that opportunity! :ded:

Kudos!

Macbeau near Savannah....

Er? (caugh, caugh) What about that forearm (handguard) is not original? That is exactly how mine came NIB... I live in Savannah and get the same Eastman and Mountain Gun show here that you do in Marietta and I have been (recently) to shows in Marietta and Gwinett Co. and shops in Norcross and Alpharetta and we all seem to get to pay $375+ for new Saiga's here as well as there... Do you have an inside track with someone...? Just curious....

Macbeau asks and sends...

:blues:

i am planning on getting a collaspible stock so that is not even an issue .the trigger guard is the stock guard which is fine with me. and yes it is the original hand guard http://www.raacfirearms.com/Saiga_option.htm heres mine http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=84854974 seeing how much converted saigas go for on gun broker and in the stores,i still think i got a good deal seeing how i couldnt do a trigger job myself . i will be looking into getting the Front sight moved and put a brake on it if i can find some1 who can/will do it.can u use the orignal sight or must i buy another front sight? other than the scratch that the safty puts on it it doesnt have 1 scratch it looks good -very good condition. I'm very pleased with it :super: $300+24(s&h)+10 (ffl)= $334 total

Edited by Cryptkeeper

I guess depend on where you live and if you can do the conversion yourself or not. I just thought it was not a good deal where I live and I can do my own coversion. I bought my brand new S308 here (http://www.nicksguns.com/) in Merietta, Ga for $329 + 23.03 tax = $352.03 and they don't charge background check. I spent another $100 on the conversion, total up to $452.

In your case you pay $300 for the rifle. Did you have to pay for shipping ($24)? how much was FFL transfer fee ($10)? replace the "bubba buttstock"?

Add it up $300 + $24 + $10 = $334 + stock = ?

About the handguard not being original, my came solid black and that is why I said it.

Anyway, if you think you got a deal, and happy with it. That's all it counts. :rolleyes:

Edited by devildog1122

I'm pretty sure that's the same grip, Israeli made. First Samco, TDI, Fobus, and CAA are all the same company, nowadays. It's not a bad grip, I have 2 of them. The main options I'm aware of for USA made non-standard AK grips are Falcon Ergo and Tapco SAW.

here we go this 1 should work http://www.blackjackbuffers.com/index.php?...products_id=538 not all of these items say where its made like the trigger, how can ppl tell if its made in the us if it doesnt say who /where its made. the FCG has nothing on it
As a rule of thumb, if the retailer doesn't specify "USA Made", then it probably isn't. This is true with all products, not just gun parts. I would suspect that is foreign made, possibly UTG. You could email Blackjack Buffers and ask them if it's a concern.

I hate this stupid law... :angry2: