OK, so I've started gathering parts for my conversion. I got the bullet guide and retaining plate on its way here from Dinzag, and I have a G2 single hook and pistol grip already delivered the other day. In all the excitement in finally getting my parts for the conversion, I forgot to order a PG nut & screw :rolleyes: . So I figured I would order a US made buttstock and PG nut & screw from the same site, so I wouldn't need to pay shipping on just the nut & screw (plus I needed the buttstock for the 4th US part). But I can't find a site that sells both! I've checked all the AK parts sites I can think of, and Googled. I found sites with stock sets and the nut & screw, but I don't want a whole set, just the buttstock. So help me out guys, where can I get these 2 things I need, from the same site?

ETA: One site I looked at had PG screws of different lengths, which one would I need? I have the traditional PG from Tapco.

Edited by 22_Shooter

Cope's Distributing has both.

The PG nut and screw is part No. AK08

They have the Tapco sidefolder (AK53) for $45.

Admittedly not the best stock, but I suppose it could do.

There's also another folding one, AK35, don't know anything about it.

There's also a Dragunov style one (AK17) for $55.

Hope that helps.

Acer

Cope's Distributing has both.

The PG nut and screw is part No. AK08

They have the Tapco sidefolder (AK53) for $45.

Admittedly not the best stock, but I suppose it could do.

There's also another folding one, AK35, don't know anything about it.

There's also a Dragunov style one (AK17) for $55.

Hope that helps.

Acer

Thanks, I actually forgot about Copes. I'll have to check it out, but the folders are a no-go, I'm in NY.

Ah, you have my condolences. :haha: Copes also has the AK --> AR stock adapter. I have it, and it's quite sturdy. You could get that and put any old AR stock on there.

Just a thought.

Acer

Hey, thanks. I guess I'll just find some other stuff to get from Copes, and order the nut/screw with them. I do need a front sight tool anyways, and I'm sure I can find other stuff to make the shipping worth it.

OK, so I've found 2 sites that sell just the buttstock and the nut/screw I need. But the screws are different lengths. At DPH Arms, the screw is 4.5 inches http://dpharms.com/pistol-grip-screw-and-nut-p-63.html . Then at Tapco, the screw is just 4 inches http://www.tapco.com/proddesc.aspx?Id=bbac...64-37695988b70b . Which one do I need? I'm assuming Tapco one, seeing as how my PG is Tapco.

OK, so I've found 2 sites that sell just the buttstock and the nut/screw I need. But the screws are different lengths. At DPH Arms, the screw is 4.5 inches http://dpharms.com/pistol-grip-screw-and-nut-p-63.html . Then at Tapco, the screw is just 4 inches http://www.tapco.com/proddesc.aspx?Id=bbac...64-37695988b70b . Which one do I need? I'm assuming Tapco one, seeing as how my PG is Tapco.

if you go with the Tapco SAW PG it comes with a screw you only need the nut

Hopefully the answer you got is that the TAPCO grip comes with a screw -- it's just the nut that you need.

Also, just for clarity, you need five US replacement parts on a standard Saiga conversion to be 922R compliant (you mentioned the buttstock for the "fourth" part). The FCG will count as three parts, the TAPCO grip as a fourth and the buttstock will be the fifth.

If you're ordering from Cope's, consider throwing in one of their East German ammo pouches for $5. I have three or four of them and they're pretty handy. You can also consider some springs and any other spare parts you might want to have down the road.

Jim

Hopefully the answer you got is that the TAPCO grip comes with a screw -- it's just the nut that you need.

Also, just for clarity, you need five US replacement parts on a standard Saiga conversion to be 922R compliant (you mentioned the buttstock for the "fourth" part). The FCG will count as three parts, the TAPCO grip as a fourth and the buttstock will be the fifth.

If you're ordering from Cope's, consider throwing in one of their East German ammo pouches for $5. I have three or four of them and they're pretty handy. You can also consider some springs and any other spare parts you might want to have down the road.

Jim

All I need is 4 parts for compliance. The stock x39 has 14 "countable" parts, bringing me down to 10 foreign parts with the US made FCG and buttstock. You have to have 10 or less imported parts, so I'm good. The US made PG I bought isn't replacing anything, because in stock form, Saigas don't have 'em. So I just had to make sure mine was US made.

Not if he's getting the US made AKM replacement pistol grip.

Yup, I didn't get the SAW grip that comes with the screw.

Edited by 22_Shooter
All I need is 4 parts for compliance. The stock x39 has 14 "countable" parts, bringing me down to 10 foreign parts with the US made FCG and buttstock. You have to have 10 or less imported parts, so I'm good. The US made PG I bought isn't replacing anything, because in stock form, Saigas don't have 'em. So I just had to make sure mine was US made.

I should have said that you need 5 US parts - not replacement parts. It doesn't matter what the stock configuration of your Saiga was -- in its converted form (with the PG) it has 15 parts that count toward compliance. So you had 4 US replacement parts and 1 US added part which gets you to the magic number of 10.

Jim

I should have said that you need 5 US parts - not replacement parts. It doesn't matter what the stock configuration of your Saiga was -- in its converted form (with the PG) it has 15 parts that count toward compliance. So you had 4 US replacement parts and 1 US added part which gets you to the magic number of 10.

Jim

Correct-o. We both meant the same thing, just worded it differently :D .