Has anyone encountered any problems with Dinzag's slip on muzzle b

I'm really thinking about buying one of Dinzag's slip on muzzle brakes for my 7.62, but I was wondering if anyone has encountered any problems with them. Have any of you came across a problem with your shroud being too thick or anything like that when installing it? I'm still on the fence about it, the price is kind of up there.. just looking for opinions.

I'm really thinking about buying one of Dinzag's slip on muzzle brakes for my 7.62, but I was wondering if anyone has encountered any problems with them. Have any of you came across a problem with your shroud being too thick or anything like that when installing it? I'm still on the fence about it, the price is kind of up there.. just looking for opinions.

I know you said slip-on but I have the threaded 74 compensator from Dinzag and it rocks! You can rent the die kit from him on the cheap, its real easy to do. Just take your time and go slow, back off every 1/8 turn and lots o carb cleaner. I am sure the slip on is fine but I feel more secure about the threaded one not coming off. FYI his threaded comps are 5$ more than others but this is becuase he chases the threads to fit the stock saiga FSB. Be sure to use hi temp thread locker. I had put over 4000 rounds throuh my first one with no probs, until some jackhole :eek: shot a round right throught the side of it (yes you heard me right- we banned him perm. from the range :ded: ) thank god it was a softer metal otherwise someone could have gotten hurt. I should really post the pics of the post mortem. I have put about 2000 through the new one and its still great.

Your best option is threading. It's pretty much the same cost as well.

A couple guys have had problems with them coming loose.

The set-screw ones require you to do a couple things for proper installation, outlined in their instructions. My test rifle has hundreds and hundreds of rounds through it and it's never came loose. I tried to take it off but the heads of the screws want to strip out. Loctite needs to be heated up.

If you don't feel comfortable with installing it yourself or threading the barrel, have a professional do it.

I had a guy have one a few thousands too small for his shroud and I opened it up a little. I have several FSB's I've saved that are at opposite ends of the size range. If you or anyone have any fitment problems or other issues, let me know, we'll get you taken care of. :up:

The set screw brakes are overbored to 0.43", which is probably overkill, but the bullet should never strike it. As such their performance is affected as a compensator. The tightest clearance will give you the best effect. If you are looking for maximum recoil reduction, thread it.

Your best option is threading. It's pretty much the same cost as well.

A couple guys have had problems with them coming loose.

The set-screw ones require you to do a couple things for proper installation, outlined in their instructions. My test rifle has hundreds and hundreds of rounds through it and it's never came loose. I tried to take it off but the heads of the screws want to strip out. Loctite needs to be heated up.

If you don't feel comfortable with installing it yourself or threading the barrel, have a professional do it.

I had a guy have one a few thousands too small for his shroud and I opened it up a little. I have several FSB's I've saved that are at opposite ends of the size range. If you or anyone have any fitment problems or other issues, let me know, we'll get you taken care of. :up:

The set screw brakes are overbored to 0.43", which is probably overkill, but the bullet should never strike it. As such their performance is affected as a compensator. The tightest clearance will give you the best effect. If you are looking for maximum recoil reduction, thread it.

Yeah. I would really like to get my 7.62 barrel threaded, but all of the gunsmiths I know out here charge way too much for even the simplest work. I don't really want to pay half the price of the rifle itsself just to get the barrel threaded. :unsure:

If anyone knows of a gunsmith in Kansas City that does this type of work for a reasonable price, feel free to give me their info.

I know you said slip-on but I have the threaded 74 compensator from Dinzag and it rocks! You can rent the die kit from him on the cheap, its real easy to do. Just take your time and go slow, back off every 1/8 turn and lots o carb cleaner. I am sure the slip on is fine but I feel more secure about the threaded one not coming off. FYI his threaded comps are 5$ more than others but this is becuase he chases the threads to fit the stock saiga FSB. Be sure to use hi temp thread locker. I had put over 4000 rounds throuh my first one with no probs, until some jackhole :eek: shot a round right throught the side of it (yes you heard me right- we banned him perm. from the range :ded: ) thank god it was a softer metal otherwise someone could have gotten hurt. I should really post the pics of the post mortem. I have put about 2000 through the new one and its still great.

:eek:

would like to see that pic...sounds scary

I bought an adapter from dpharms.com that slips on the barrel and is held by 4 allen screws that allows you to use a standard threaded screw on flash hider. It was too small to fit so I used my dremel grinder on the inside of it until it slipped on. I got a little carried away and it was too loose. I thought I had it screwed down tight but I took it to the range and somewhere around the 100th shot the sucker came off and was sent about 30 feet down range. SURPRISE SURPRISE SURPRISE!!!! Probably an abomination but I jb welded that sucker and used loctite on the screws. Last trip it stayed on.

Does anybody here in the Saiga forums community have and FFL that can do the work? I'd consider sending mine away to have it done. The FSB is a bear to get off if you don't have the proper tools and know how.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showuser=1936

Gunboy69 may be able to get it done for you... PM him.