WTB Saiga 7.62x39 30rd cartridge

Hello everybody, I just bought my very first Saiga and I was wondering where is the best place to get 30rd cartridges?

you looking for magazines?

Are You looking for stock Saiga 30 rounders for an un-converted Saiga?

Or metal 30 round mags? These You need a bullet guide to direct the projectile of each round in the non-stock mag into the chamber.

Sorry If You didn't understand what I meant.

Anyways. You can occasionaly get stock Izhmash factory Saiga mags from Oleg. He works at www.Rusmilitary.com

Here is what the rare saiga mags look like.

As You see here...I have "a couple"....hee hee

So.

Only 2 paths here.

1.) Convert and use a bullet guide(use search button with that term bullet guide for info). Which lets You use many different affordable 30rd mags

2.) Use Saiga 5rd, 10rd, and the 30rd rare ones if You find em.

post-1520-1201067371.png

post-1520-1201067392.png

post-1520-1201067405.png

Edited by dodgeturbointerceptor

Xplicit - There IS ONE More Path....to using 30 rd. mags - this one doesn't require the 'conversion' Turbo was talking about:

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=22054

scroll down to about post #5 on that page. (shows how to legally use 30 rd. mags (U.S. mags - 3 parts count)

And, If you don't have the bucks for the ACE Folder just yet - then all you'll need is 1 (one) more part to be changed out to a U.S. one (Like a US Foregrip, or US Buttstock, or (US Gas Piston - alittle harder).

But to be legal w/ 30 rd mags, you'll need to get to only 10 'Foriegn Countable

Saigastock.com now has a modified Tapco collapsible stock/pistol grip combination unit that they claim will fit an unmodified Saiga. The cost is about $90. I prefer the ACE folder myself, but the modified Tapco provides another, less expensive, option. Of course, you still have to be careful to swap out another 3 foreign parts for US parts, as BullShark has outlined. I'm not a big fan of using magazine components to achieve compliance, but it is a good option for some people. For one thing, it is incredibly fast and easy. Also, while most conversions work out fine, some don't. Therefore, some people may feel more comfortable retaining the factory internals. I have both converted and unconverted Saigas, and I see merits in both. Edited by hogdog
How many of the rare 30 stock Saiga magazines were imported?

3 months worth only from EAA. Dec 2004-Feb 2005. Stopped quick. Which also were farmed out to CDNN for 1 week, and stanleys for a month.

Maybe a few others. But I was all over em....lol

Everybody claimed to have em. Turned out to be surefires, or other.

Big Bear never did.

B-west never did.

K-USA never did.

RAA hasn't yet......umm...hello guys....( sporting weapon my ass) lol