stock adapter block not sliding in

hi

been lurking here and bought a saiga a few weeks ago and with the help of hte knowledge here, i am converting my saiga to side folder and 922r compliant and even did a trigger guard that i have not even seen on here before, well in another thread i will go over what i did and all for my conversion and the such

well today my SAW grip came from JMacken (great guy to deal with) and my "cut the tang" block from ACE ltd/riflestocks/J&T also came today, so i was happy as all hell to get this gun back together. well i go to install the block and it stops, i look, and its hitting the round ears of the rear trunion and will not move forward at all, i would say its hitting by like a 1/16" or an 1/8" and could probably be fixed by using a finishing file to the adapter block to trim that section down, but is this something that is normal or what should i do?

thanks

+1 I've had to file the block on every conversion I've done. You should be able to see on the block where it is hitting. Just take a little off at a time,and try the fit again until its nice and tight.

I've taken too much off before,and had to toss the block.

+1 I've had to file the block on every conversion I've done. You should be able to see on the block where it is hitting. Just take a little off at a time,and try the fit again until its nice and tight.

I've taken too much off before,and had to toss the block.

Just drill and tap from bottom with a 8-32 flat head socket screw, that will really tighten it up.

well i used a rough cut and a finish cut flat file on the block, took off a 1/16 and it fit in there with no freeplay, got my stock installed and everything and my conversion done, looks nice as hell. funny thing is that my refinish on this whole gun cost me maybe $6 but came out looking like i duracoated it black, but i took the reciever down to bare metal (including the finish that came from it factory) using laquer thinner and scotchbrite pad.