Chaos brand Muzzle Break

Hey Guys,

I ordered one of those Chaos brand muzzle breaks, and it should be here tommorrow or so.....While waiting I was wondering if anyone is running this on their S12?

I did a search, but came up with nadda...Haven't even seen a pic of one mounted.

Can anyone post a pic...Or does anyone have any insight on performance?

Thanks in advance fellas

Christopher

Edited by car15man
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Guys,

I ordered one of those Chaos brand muzzle breaks, and it should be here tommorrow or so.....While waiting I was wondering if anyone is running this on their S12?

I did a search, but came up with nadda...Haven't even seen a pic of one mounted.

Thanks in advance fellas

Christopher

I have one on order too. We'll see how it goes. The price ($45 shipped) is on par with muzzle brakes for AK rifles. there are some really nice muzzle brakes being sold by members of this forum but $90-$95 + shipping is too far beyond my budget for my first S12 conversion/build.

Yeah....That's kinda what I was thinking. There are some really nice looking ones...Tromix shark brake is cool for sure...But ...ehhh..Just wanted something to throw on the naked muzzle. I ultimately just wanted the factory one..but everyone is "out of stock"....Mine was $40.90 shipped...not rubbing it...just sayin..got it at a cheap ebay price...Looks plain janeish...but as long as it is of quality and doesn't blow off my muzzle like shrapnel...it will serve it's purpose. I know nothing of it's compensating qualities, or it's reduction in "felt recoil"....but I almost don't care about that either..don't need it.......Well see...I'll post pics when it is mounted

Hey Guys,

Thanks in advance fellas

Christopher

I have one on order too. We'll see how it goes. The price ($45 shipped) is on par with muzzle brakes for AK rifles. there are some really nice muzzle brakes being sold by members of this forum but $90-$95 + shipping is too far beyond my budget for my first S12 conversion/build.

Edited by car15man
I see the vent holes are present all the way around this brake so not sure how well it will perform to keep the muzzle down.

From the Chaos website pictures, the grooves clearly wrap around but it's not clear that holes are drilled on the bottom - looks like just the top half of the cylinder to me. In the pics there are no holes visible below the 3:00 and 9:00 positions (as if you were looking down the muzzle) and they all seem to be angled to vent up and out like a muzzle brake should. I'm banking that it's designed correctly but hopefully I'll have one in my hands soon to confirm.

post-9216-1202169076.jpg

Edited by caughtlikefire
I see the vent holes are present all the way around this brake so not sure how well it will perform to keep the muzzle down.

From the Chaos website pictures, the grooves clearly wrap around but it's not clear that holes are drilled on the bottom - looks like just the top half of the cylinder to me. In the pics there are no holes visible below the 3:00 and 9:00 positions (as if you were looking down the muzzle) and they all seem to be angled to vent up and out like a muzzle brake should. I'm banking that it's designed correctly but hopefully I'll have one in my hands soon to confirm.

I'm holding one in my hand. Holes are all around and not angled.

I'm holding one in my hand. Holes are all around and not angled.

sonofabitch . . . :angry:

does it at least look pretty? maybe it won't be a complete waste

Well...at least if it looks good and is of good quality...than no...in no way a waste....Like I stated earlier...personally...I wasn't on a mission for a high level of compensating performance...My saiga alone is excellent in that department. I had a buggered up looking thread protector..and wanted something cheap and tacticool to thread on there.

If this is concentric then...it would not need indexing correct...just thread on tight?

does it at least look pretty? maybe it won't be a complete waste

Yeah, doesn't look bad cosmetically at least.

Weld up the holes you don't like. Grind 'em smooth. Re-blue.

Show picture of re-manufactured brake.

Get adulations from fellow Saiga guys.

got a TIG welder? I'll make the 2 hour drive to Melbourne. you can have all the adulations you want and I'll take the improved muzzle brake. sounds like a good deal to me :lol:

Do you have the URL for their website?

The only information I have on this brake is from EBay and it states that it's made of aluminum. Anyone who is thinking of welding up holes better know how to weld aluminum if it's a weldable alloy.

I went to the saiga store....

I found something odd, maybe I'm just paranoid.

http://www.thesaigastore.com/catalog/produ...?products_id=29

http://wraithmaker.com/products.html

Notice anything odd? Bah, it's probably just me.

That's the same blurry picture. Did the saiga store steal the pic or are they the same company (note no contact info on site)?

Has anyone shot their Saiga with this device yet? Any installed pics?

I searched ebay and there's one on being sold by: Joehilarious.

http://cgi.ebay.com/CHAOS-Muzzle-Break-for...1QQcmdZViewItem

Probably best to direct questions to him.

Edited by whatmanual

Does anyone have a installed pic?

If not can you post an overall length so that I can get an idea of how long it is going to be on the barrel.

I'm wondering if it falls closer to the Russian brake or Russian short flash hider in length.

i just received the chaos brake i purchased from joehilarious on ebay. guess what the return address is? "the saiga store" evansville,IN. curious indeed. it is marked U.S.A. total length is 3 3/8". once installed, it extends approx 2 1/2".

post-7934-1202769479_thumb.jpgpost-7934-1202769489_thumb.jpg

post-7934-1202769499_thumb.jpg

post-7934-1202769508_thumb.jpg

Edited by jakowski

I am not trying to shit on their product here, but I sure as hell would test the thing with a few rounds at a time, especially if you have a Tromix 8" gun. The extreme blast from magnum shells through that 8" barrel, could cause that Aluminum brake to pull the threads forward. That would basically cross thread the thing and might destroy the threads on the barrel when you go to remove it. That won't be covered under Tromix warranty.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

Hmmm strange indeed.... But we all know joe hilarious has no relation to WM at all...yeah right... :rolleyes:

I for one will be staying far away from this product.

Actually, if you opened up those slots with an EDM at a backwards angle you might have something...

thats my thought. or maybe just over drill some of the topside holes. it would suck if it does cross thread for pressure. but then i guess i have an excuse to cut the barrell down

I am not trying to shit on their product here, but I sure as hell would test the thing with a few rounds at a time, especially if you have a Tromix 8" gun. The extreme blast from magnum shells through that 8" barrel, could cause that Aluminum brake to pull the threads forward. That would basically cross thread the thing and might destroy the threads on the barrel when you go to remove it. That won't be covered under Tromix warranty.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

I was going to mention this as well. Didn't sound good to me. Aluminum threads on steel threads???? Also I read something one time that said steel on aluminum like that would seize together with time...

Hmmm strange indeed.... But we all know joe hilarious has no relation to WM at all...yeah right... :rolleyes:

I for one will be staying far away from this product.

That is f-u-n-n-y!!!!!! Their "computer guys" are selling their wannabe brakes for them! :lolol: I never bought the "computer guy" story. And this brake further shows their lack of knowing a damn thing about guns. At least Dave at Elite's "barracuda" (is that some kind of a swimming animal with a mean bite? :angel: ) was smart enough to put some holes at the top but didn't angle them or the side slots back.

I am most amazed at Wraithmaker's complete stupidity in general. They are DUMB as hell. To come here under an alias (Joe Hilarious), say there was no involvement what so ever between the alias that was making trouble on the entire forum, then say it was their "computer guys" when the IP was tied to them, come back as another alias after "Joe Hilarious" was banned on the same damn computer and get banned again, then they had some damn Hadjimo guy with jihadist shit in his profile here saying he was Joe Hilarious's friend. And then the damn geniuses sell their cheap brake under the name Joe Hilarious. WHAT!!! A BUNCH!!! OF FUCKING!!! IDIOTS!!!

I hope this shows once and for all to the few that thought the fight against Wraithmaker was unjustified, just what kind of people we were dealing with here. To date all we have gotten from them is a bunch of lies, deceit, lacking items, and 3 banned trolling profiles (is that a record?)

Wraithmaker definitely wins the Darwin Award... in al catagories!!! :lolol::lolol::lolol: