• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jake, are you doing another group buy? if you do will it be with the same hardware and price, your choice of parts seems to be nut on.

I was wondering if more folks could post picks of their stocks installed in the extended position. like cobra stated it does look like the stocks are positioned correctly and not suffering that tilt up. I saw MD ordered 5, wonder if the drum will fit with the stock closed which would rock! anyway great going Jake you did an awesome thing for the saiga guys.

please post MORE pics guys!

best regards david

Edited by The-collectorFL

Jake,

Thanks a Bunch for getting this together, I can't wait to see everyone's conversions.

Looks like you have saved 20 people about 100 bucks twice in a row!

That adds up to around $4,000,.... :dollar: :dollar: :dollar: :dollar: :dollar:

you should get a trophy or something

Or maybe in the hall of Fame!

Thanks again,

All kits have shipped, except for one (you know who you are). All left over sling attachments have also been sent out from the first GB.

Jake

got my package today, thanks a ton again... I'll post pics whenever I get it installed, but I have to move my trigger froward so it might take me a couple of days.

The envelope surprised me, I didn't think there was any way all this could fit in a standard mailer... lol the USPS site said it was delivered today, I got home and there wasn't a box on my step I got pissed off thinking somebody had stole it :P

Got the parts. Kinda scary as I've never done this before.

Guns disassembled. Trigger assembly is off. Very happy the original military trigger hole is already there. Almost ready to reassemble.

Two questions 1) I need to cut the tang off of the rear of the reciever right? 2) I need to grind a bit off of the hammer pivot to clear the bolt hold open lever? Also what are your opinions about installing the BHO?

Never mind on the rear tang... already cut off. Had to mill a bit on the new reciever block but it is in now. Moving on with the rest this evening.

Edited by azshtr

Here is a pic of the finished S-410. It was alot of fun wish it lasted longer...Next I need I find an S-12.. Waiting on Muzzlebrake/flash from Dinzga...More pis can be seen in the 410 forum...:)

stuff099.jpg

stuff100.jpg

stuff101.jpg

stuff102.jpg

Edited by jmhai

Nice work, couldn't you have made last a little longer than,.. well one night?

Here is a pic of the finished S-410. It was alot of fun wish it lasted longer...Next I need I find an S-12.. Waiting on Muzzlebrake/flash from Dinzga...More pis can be seen in the 410 forum...:)
Edited by Gas Giant

Finished isntalling everything, I'm going to take it to the range and test fire it this weekend and if everything is working take it back apart, refinish it, and locktite all the screws. Thanks a ton jmac, I probably never would have gotten the balls to do this if somebody hadn't told me exactly what parts to get (and made it incredibly affordable). Now time to get a muzzle break and hunt down / make some 20ga high cap mags (that will take a miracle).

dscn4339cvm9.jpg

dscn4340chc7.jpg

Done! That was easier than I thought other than getting the GD BHO spring in place... GD is short for a bad word.

A few observations 1) Took a little filing to get the receiver to fit. 2) Had to file down the receiver allen screw head to clear the bolt spring holder thingy 3) Had a stripped pistol grip nut. I need to run a tap through it or get a new one. 4) Butt stock pad screws were to short, need to get new ones. 5) With the folding hinge assembly the POSP scope mount will not slide on and off.

All in all it turned out great. The above observations are just that... observations... not gripes.

Thank you for putting this together, it was what I needed to get this done as I would have had no clue otherwise.

5) With the folding hinge assembly the POSP scope mount will not slide on and off.

Turn the hinge mechanism over so it folds to the right. Unless, you just prefer it to the left......

Jake, if you are considering doing this any more, I'll take at least two, maybe four kits.....

Tanks a brazillion,

guido2 in houston

5) With the folding hinge assembly the POSP scope mount will not slide on and off.

Turn the hinge mechanism over so it folds to the right. Unless, you just prefer it to the left......

Jake, if you are considering doing this any more, I'll take at least two, maybe four kits.....

Tanks a brazillion,

guido2 in houston

I tried that location first and it gets in the way of the bolt and you can't mount the scope. I switched it to the left side to clear the bolt. Can't mount a slide on scope either way.

Also... where can I get a new grip nut/bolt? Mines stripped.

[i tried that location first and it gets in the way of the bolt and you can't mount the scope. I switched it to the left side to clear the bolt. Can't mount a slide on scope either way.]

I think you've lost me....How is it in the way of mounting a scope? I agree, if the stock is folded, it's likely to interfere with something, but if the hinge mechanism is on the right side of the receiver, how would it get in the way of your scope?

guido2 in Houston

• Chatbox

Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.