Gun Case for Tromix SBS

Hmmm I'm wondering this also (of course I have plenty of time to find one given my place on THE list :cryss: )....anyone have a good suggestion?? I'm also wondering Red---are you looking for the smallest possible case (ie---with stock folded?)? soft or hard (like Storm or Pelican)?? wondering about the best solution for this...........

I just went to the gun show with a tape measure. Are you looking for something that doesn't look like a gun case?

HK20briefcase.jpg

I always thought one of these bow cases would be cool for a full-size S-12 with mag inserted.

2SKB-5000.jpg

Galati makes a 22" discreet case that looks pretty good...

SQ22.jpg

Here's a PS90 SBR case

720.jpg

Edited by BobAsh

The one with the mp-5 looks good I wonder if you could make a s-12 work in one. I don't care if it is discreet or not I carry one of my AR with out a case all the time. I like the looks of those Galati but do you carry yours with the stock folded or not.

I have great luck with Laptop cases. Not for a Tromix, but other guns. Blackhawk discreet cases are cool too.

Also an old 1980's vintage hard side samsonite case. It is so ugly I do not think a felon would steal it.

Edited by Zoub

I'd rather stab myself in the face then buy a Galati product. I bought a sling from them, it broke when I put the gun over my shoulder, muzzle slammed into a tile floor. I just asked them to return it, and they would not allow me to return the $16 sling and the guy was an asshole on the phone about it, as if I had inconvienced him in asking for my money back for the most pathetic product I'd ever used.

I'd say no to Galati on basis they're assholes that make bad slings (probable the same clasps used on shoulder bag straps), and no to Plano because if you heat the foam with a warm gun, the foam distorts and gives off a chemical that raised pretty heavy corrosion to parkerized parts in a matter of minutes (10-15). So I don't know what to tell you about bow cases, but using that POS Plano case I always see at paintball places really could not handle an actual firearm, so personally I'd stick to cases meant for guns.

Sorry to pick you apart Bob, I've just had 2 bad expiriences with Galati and non-firearm cases used for guns.

^^Laptop case is so ubiquitous nowadays, that would be pretty stealthy. Plus padded so it won't print.

Exactly. One is about 10 yaers old, made by Lands End. It is so damn big it also makes a great carry on bag for an overnight stay/flight. I will take it to job fairs and trade shows to stuff resumes or whatever. The padded insert alone holds 6 30 round AR mags. I can cross the lower and an SBR upper in the other side. Some coworkers made fun of it last year, as they borrowed it to haul some HR documents to and from Miami. As they left for the airport I told them to make sure all my mags were out of it!

A newer soft side samsonite case I have fits my GF's kel tec 9mm carbine like a glove. One of the inside pockets acts like it was taylor made to hold 3 33 round glock mags and another holds G17's perfectly. Coincidence??? All I added was some of the perforated foam you can cut to size for pelican cases and so forth.

Then there is the samsonite big brown, hard sided bastard from 1981. I just stufffed a large piece of foam in it from a mil surp shipping case I bought for camping gear.

I think what makes a case go unnoticed is if it has a shoulder strap. We are use to seeing people with cases on their shoulder. My current travel case is awesome. I can't wait to retire it and use it for guns too.

http://us.kensington.com/html/4656.html

Edited by Zoub
Sorry to pick you apart Bob, I've just had 2 bad expiriences with Galati and non-firearm cases used for guns.

No need to worry about that, bro. I don't own a Galati, but the ones I saw on the web were advertised as gun cases.

Like I said, I just go the gun show with a tape measure.