I just got a new mp40 yesterday and all I have heard is what a great shooting gun this is but out of the box I am shooting low at 40ft and all over the target at 70 ft. I love the gun but dont know about the accuracy. I also had a friend that I know can shoot try it and had the same results. Has any one had this problum. Thanks

I have an M&P45 & so far it's been dead reliable. It's definitely very, very accurate.

I do however recall seeing a couple of people post on the M&P forum about their 40's shooting low, so you might find some helpful info there.

It does seem to be a very isolated problem not affecting many guns though.

• 1 month later...

Iam pretty sure they are on the market, but I have no desire for one. IIRC they are asking like $3500 for it and to make matters worse, the "folding stock" doesnt open, its pinned or welded in the folded position either to avoid SBR or for import purposes Iam not sure which (dont know barrel length). I paid $1300 for my Kahr M1SB (Semi Auto Thompson SBR) and that is chunk of milled steel with a nice walnut stock and handguard not a stamped steel pos with bakelite grips. To each their own I guess.

newcamera012.jpg

Sorry, Back on task.... Iam pretty sure he is talking about an S&W M&P .40. With which I have nothing to offer. I have never shot one.