Centerfire G kits

If you're lucky, the surface will be rust free and the wood will have minor water damage.

If you're unlucky, the wood will be totally delaminated, and the rust will be deep enough on the surface to pock it after it's removed.

These are (were) brand new unissued kits when they were shipped, so the barrels should be excellent (chrome lining pays off).

im personally not worried so much about the finish of the wood since i got 2 from Copes that SHOULD be in nice condition, ill just be putting different furniture on them anyways. i just don't want pits and rust thats so deep that they are not even worth buying! is there anything else that you would have to bring them to a gunsmith for other than getting them head spaced? i don't believe that EVERYTHING matches from the Centerfire kits. what ARE the parts that need matching serial numbers for it to not to be sent to a gun smith?

im personally not worried so much about the finish of the wood since i got 2 from Copes that SHOULD be in nice condition, ill just be putting different furniture on them anyways. i just don't want pits and rust thats so deep that they are not even worth buying! is there anything else that you would have to bring them to a gunsmith for other than getting them head spaced? i don't believe that EVERYTHING matches from the Centerfire kits. what ARE the parts that need matching serial numbers for it to not to be sent to a gun smith?

Every single one of these 'rusty romys' that i've seen are all matching. The sad thing is that these were unissued and brand freakin' new before they hit the surf...

Headspacing should be checked with every build, but I've never built one of these rustjobs that had headspace issues.

If the exterior is pitted badly, after you media blast it, the park should fill in some of the pits and then you can apply duracoat/gunkote/whatever and fill in the rest.

well i just called Centerfire and ordered 8 "B" kits and 2 "C" kits. the "B" kits are on back order for a few weeks but they do have the "C" kits in right now. the shipping went up from $10...its not anymore...i got 10 kits and they charged me $50 which isn't all that much. i also ordered 2 Copes kits last week, they should be here sometime this week, AND my Saiga is on the way!!! i think i went a little overboard but, WHAT THE HELL!?!? iv never built an AK before, but i figure its a good time to start!!!

Well I got my Romy G C grade kit today and I have to say It is the biggest piece of dog shit I have ever seen. The top cover is rusted completely thru. The rust on the barrel is so deeply pitted i think it is a danger to fire. It is however a numbers matching 1979 kit here are some shots. Don't waste your money like I did. Maybe the B grade are better. I will be sending this one back. Put the 90 bucks towards a good kit for 40 -50 bucks more its worth it.

1979romygcammouniforms009.jpg

front gas tube block is so pitted its over 1/2 thru the thickness. no way Molly will fill the pits.

1979romygcammouniforms007.jpg

Rear cover with a hole going thru

1979romygcammouniforms005.jpg

Sight block, its Fuced but replaceable. Problem is the top of the sight block (ears that hold the pins on sight leaf) are pitted so bad they cant be repaired. The leaf adjustment will never move again. Pitted to the max.

1979romygcammouniforms003.jpg

The bolt carrier assy is 85% but had some pitting

1979romygcammouniforms004.jpg

Did I mention the gun if unfired, no rings on the bolt face and the barrel still has the wick in it

1979romygcammouniforms008.jpg

Here is a few shots of the perfect barrel. I have to admit it is a PERFECT barrel

1979romygcammouniforms012.jpg

1979romygcammouniforms015.jpg

Its missing 1/2 of the small parts, no pistol grip bolt or nut, all full auto parts missing. It only had the hammer, spring, trigger and 2 pins.

The cleaning rod is stripped and pitted almost in half.

I have to say this has been a huge waste of money and time. I do feel that if the barrel doesn't explode due to being to thin due to the rust it could make a truck gun. I am very disappointed. :cryss:

Well I got my Romy G C grade kit today and I have to say It is the biggest piece of dog shit I have ever seen. The top cover is rusted completely thru. The rust on the barrel is so deeply pitted i think it is a danger to fire. It is however a numbers matching 1979 kit here are some shots. Don't waste your money like I did. Maybe the B grade are better. I will be sending this one back. Put the 90 bucks towards a good kit for 40 -50 bucks more its worth it.

front gas tube block is so pitted its over 1/2 thru the thickness. no way Molly will fill the pits.

1979romygcammouniforms007.jpg

Rear cover with a hole going thru

1979romygcammouniforms005.jpg

Sight block, its Fuced but replaceable. Problem is the top of the sight block (ears that hold the pins on sight leaf) are pitted so bad they cant be repaired. The leaf adjustment will never move again. Pitted to the max.

1979romygcammouniforms003.jpg

The bolt carrier assy is 85% but had some pitting

1979romygcammouniforms004.jpg

Did I mention the gun if unfired, no rings on the bolt face and the barrel still has the wick in it

1979romygcammouniforms008.jpg

Here is a few shots of the perfect barrel. I have to admit it is a PERFECT barrel

1979romygcammouniforms012.jpg

1979romygcammouniforms015.jpg

Its missing 1/2 of the small parts, no pistol grip bolt or nut, all full auto parts missing. It only had the hammer, spring, trigger and 2 pins.

The cleaning rod is stripped and pitted almost in half.

I have to say this has been a huge waste of money and time. I do feel that if the barrel doesn't explode due to being to thin due to the rust it could make a truck gun. I am very disappointed. :cryss:

Man that is horrible were they found on a sunken ship. I'm sorry you had to spend money on that rusted piece of shit. But I'm sure others including myself Thank You for posting those pics in case some of us thought about ordering them.

OH GOD I THINK IM GOING TO BE SICK!!! what a phuckin pile of $hit!!! iv never seen ANYTHING like it...EVER!!! i wish i would have waited an extra day...got 2 of these "GUNS" on the way now...calling Centerfire FIRST THING IN THE MORNING!!! this actually made my stomach grumble...and im 100% serious! i hope that the "B" kits are better than these...why the hell would they even CONSIDER selling these...i think they MIGHT be worth $5? i got my Copes kits today...im not very happy with THEM EITHER!!! i got one kit that had everything....but the first one i opened didn't have any pins, FCG, PG, PG nut/screw, ect. all i got was the front/rear stocks/trunnions, bolt/bolt carrier, receiver cover, recoil spring, and THATS IT!!! WTF IS GOING ON?!?! no wonder these things are not being imported here any more!!! the government is looking out for us guys!!! WHAT A GOD DAMNED JOKE!!! now im all pissed off...i think ill go kill some people on Call of Duty 4 to make myself feel better!!! i will post picks soon...

p.s.

I'm sorry Mr.Pistolpimp...really i am...that actually LOOKS like someone $hit that out...

Edited by sicktooth
OH GOD I THINK IM GOING TO BE SICK!!! what a phuckin pile of $hit!!! iv never seen ANYTHING like it...EVER!!! i wish i would have waited an extra day...got 2 of these "GUNS" on the way now...calling Centerfire FIRST THING IN THE MORNING!!! this actually made my stomach grumble...and im 100% serious! i hope that the "B" kits are better than these...why the hell would they even CONSIDER selling these...i think they MIGHT be worth $5? i got my Copes kits today...im not very happy with THEM EITHER!!! i got one kit that had everything....but the first one i opened didn't have any pins, FCG, PG, PG nut/screw, ect. all i got was the front/rear stocks/trunnions, bolt/bolt carrier, receiver cover, recoil spring, and THATS IT!!! WTF IS GOING ON?!?! no wonder these things are not being imported here any more!!! the government is looking out for us guys!!! WHAT A GOD DAMNED JOKE!!! now im all pissed off...i think ill go kill some people on Call of Duty 4 to make myself feel better!!! i will post picks soon...

p.s.

I'm sorry Mr.Pistolpimp...really i am...that actually LOOKS like someone $hit that out...

its pretty fn bad. I dont see how they are selling them in that condtion either. A = perfect B= Semi perfect. C= below perfect D=need improvemnt F= is failing. I got XYZ I am so disapoited. I really dont know where to begin on this. I have heard nitmares how IO have to pay for shipping back and they cont credit the Shipping back to the original purchase price.

Here is the AD

These are the last of our Romanian parts. They were exposed to salt water during transit; because of this some of the wood may be dried out and cracked. The bores are chrome-lined and are still bright and shiny, however the external parts have varying levels of "protective coating" rust. We have separated our parts into 2 grades - Grade B's will have a light rusty protective coating; Grade C's will have a heavy rusty protective coating.

Notice it said protective coating of rust. I have holes in the top cover. The barrel is rusted so deep I am afraid it would explode if you fire a round due to the gas pressure. If you look at the picture in the description This is what they show you.

ROM-GP1975-C-B.jpg

This is what I got

They are Thievs as far as I am concerned, To let that go out to a paying customer is an outrage. I also was shorted 4 boxes of ammo and only got a hammer and hammer spring, 2 pins and a trigger. The rest of the small parts shown are no where to be found! You said you ordered how many kits?

Holy shit dude! :eek:

That makes me want to go open the box my "G" kit is in and make sure it hasn't turned to shit too since I put it up a year or so ago! Mine was about perfect when I got it with beautiful wood, all the parts, and everything...shit I'm gonna go look right now....

That fucking sucks PP! :cryss:

Tues Feb 26

i ordered 2 "C" kits and 8 "B" kits from Centerfire...then another 2 "hand select" from Copes. now if Copes "hand select" doesn't come with ALL the parts, and the "C" kits come covered in there "protective rust coating" then im fucked! im just hoping that the "B" kits are all together and not a piles of shits like the one you got pistol...OH GOD IF YOUR UP THERE LISTENING!!!

Wed Feb 27

OH THANK YOU LORD!!! i just got off the phone with Magnus at Centerfire...they had not yet shipped out my order for the "C" kits. i asked him how they can sell kits like the one Pistolpimp got. he told me they don't sell UNUSABLE/UNSAFE firearms, i almost laughed (sorry Pistol) but bit my tung! he credited back my money and said if you do get one of these "PRIZED GIFT WRAPPED DOG SHITS" that all you need to do is send them back...they will take a look at them, if deemed unusable they will pay for the shipping back and refund your money. hopefully they wont go back on their word for Pistols sake! he said a little elbow grease with a brush and they would be fine! i told him that the damn thing was UNSAFE TO FIRE since it was pitted so frickin bad, the only thing salvageable looks to be the bore!!! now as for Copes, i am currently on the phone with them on hold....which i love so! sounds like they just made a mistake and the parts will be sent off today. Mandy was nice, entire call took 4m 3s. Im glad everything is working out somewhat, I almost took a "G" kit when i seen Pistols "G" kit yesterday!!! I can only pray that the "B" grade kits are a moderate turd...LOL!!!

P.S. i also wanted to share this interesting bit with you, I found it VERY informative, not to mention all too real:

http://www.frugalsquirrels.com/cgi-bin/ubb...49;t=000074;p=0

Edited by sicktooth

Well Holy Shit

I take back what I said after seeing those pictures...

They should have just sold the whole damn lot of those to a steel re cycler...

How is the trigger guard and the lower handguard retainer.. could maybe sell those, the rest is SHIT!

Well Holy Shit

How is the trigger guard and the lower handguard retainer.. could maybe sell those, the rest is SHIT!

Magnus from Centerfire responded to this same thread over at AKForum.net.

Since Magnus is not here to speak, consider these pix and input 'one sided'.

Well Holy Shit

Magnus from Centerfire responded to this same thread over at AKForum.net.

Since Magnus is not here to speak, consider these pix and input 'one sided'.

do you have a link? im interested in what his response was!

If they sell them at a reasonable price ($40-50) I'll buy a couple with some Naval Jelly to make them work. I would also clean it with penetrating oil to loosen up the frozen parts. The barrel is chrome lined and a good paint job will make it into a usable AK. Ive seen pictures of badly rusted AKs in third world countries which still worked.

Edited by uzitiger